Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures Fins

Future fin box riders!

Ive been testing out Futures after market fins on all my boards (this list is growing ever week) and I have to say its awesome and turns one board into 2...Options are endless and will take me the rest of our season to test what I have.

You want speed down the line and not scrub speed on your bottom turn?
    Add these sexy monsters to any Futures fin box and your off. It makes an old board feel new again...

More to come...I currently have three other sets that are really nice looking and look forward to ride.
    Squid
    squidswake@gmail.com

I currently have committed a set to my Soulcraft Jetty known as Sex Panther.

Squid
    squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

I was lucky enough to try out the Black Stix pictured, thanks to Squid, on my TWP Bomb Pop and all I can say is WOW! Placed my order and now awaiting delivery like a kid waiting on Christmas! I guess I didn't realize that fins would make as much of a difference as they did. We kind of take it for granted when the mfr sends us our shiny new board and the fins and we just say "this must be what works best" and not ever think about it. I slapped the fins in and the board really came alive, turn ins were much faster, slayshes were easier to recover from and pumping was a LOT easier. My board came with Futures 451's for reference. Thanks Squid!

Comment

My friend works for Futures as the lead design engineer. I've been telling him to get into the wakesurf market more, but the surf industry have been keeping them busy. I've got a box full of different fins, experimental fins, one off fins, fins specifically made for pro surfers, I guess all I need is a wakesurf board & wakesurf boat. Last year they gave Chase Hazen a ton of fins to try out and experiment with, if I remember right he loved some of the tow-in fin templates, my friend was shocked to hear that. I see Hazen riding a lot of the black stick construction fins, not sure what template his is on.

For surfing I always put AM1 V1 black sticks or AM1 V1 honeycomb fins in. When its big I use Rusty G10 fins. But last time I was out I used the Rob Machado Fins, they were really responsive, and first time I was on a V2 foiled fin.

Comment

I presume you must have specific fin boxes to use these? They don't look compatible with the boxes on my Ronix Carbon Thruster, but I'd love to try them.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
            But last time I was out I used the Rob Machado Fins, they were really responsive, and first time I was on a V2 foiled fin.
            I love those fins! Not sure how well they would work in a wakesurfer though so I went with the Black Stix.

WA - you have to have futures fin boxes for them to work. Ronix and Inland really limit themselves (but keep the fin money in their pocket) by using their own proprietary fin boxes.

Comment

I rock black stix and nubsters now. I totally love the loose and the drive of the quad with the nubsters.
              Attached Files
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                WA - you have to have futures fin boxes for them to work. Ronix and Inland really limit themselves (but keep the fin money in their pocket) by using their own proprietary fin boxes.
                I wonder why other fin makers haven't made versions with IS and Ronix compatible fin bases. Not rocket science, and those brands have a lot of market penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                  I wonder why other fin makers haven't made versions with IS and Ronix compatible fin bases. Not rocket science, and those brands have a lot of market penetration.
                  See above post from Joeprunc.

Comment

Hmm, interesting.

I've been thinking of trying some of my Ronix fins installed backwards. I expect it to increase drag, so I'd probably use fewer fins in that configuration.

I've also considered loading up the right side of the board (I surf normal most of the time) and leaving the left side empty.

I gotta get me a research grant for this stuff.

Comment

I was just quoted $96 for the Black Stix from a local surf shop. Seems like a lot for fins. Does that sound about right?

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                        I was just quoted $96 for the Black Stix from a local surf shop. Seems like a lot for fins. Does that sound about right?
                        Yup.

Comment

Hmmm, wife's x-mas gift, check.

Comment

Trying mine tomorrow

Comment

Man, Im so glad you all are looking into or have been playing with different fin set ups. It adds so much to the boards..I will be testing a new set ASAP...my future contact is sending me a secret pare (I told him to surprise me) that I can test. I will post what I get and how they feel to me.

Thanks to Timmy for keeping this thread alive with his info....I find myself bogged down with R&D...lol...
                              Squid
                              squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X