Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience with Chaos surf Co. ???

back story-
    After combing reviews back in 2019-2020, I decided to purchase a board from chaos. So I put in an order in November 2020. I paid for the board and the shipping as there was no option for local pickup to save on shipping, but Nick told me that he could refund me the shipping later when the order was complete.

I anticipated having this board for the 2021 surf season and inquired on its whereabouts multiple times. There was very spotty communication with the owner over the course of more than a year. When I did hear from him, Covid supply chain issues were to blame for delays apparently. I regret not getting to use the board during 2021 and perhaps should have cancelled my order but I decided to wait it out telling myself it would be worth the wait.

A couple weeks ago, I received an email that the board was ready and that I could either have the board shipped or pick it up as I initially requested to save $. I chose to save the cash. I coordinated the pick up. The board was left out on the porch with fins in a plastic bag shrink wrapped to the board but no note, manual, receipt and/or refund check as requested. Knocked on the door, and no answer. Left with the board and have attempted to contact Nick since with no success

at present-
    I have made multiple attempts to contact the owner, Nick, by phone and email, regarding how to install the fins and inquiring on the refund for the shipping which was not necessary.

Question-
    1-I know he is a sole-proprietor and has to deal with a lot….but has anyone had any recent dealings, communication with Nick at Chaos? Is he still in business? Is he ok? I don’t want to jump to any conclusions but considering the time of year, I would hope that I could get a response from him. I would rather sort out the refund thing with him personally as trying to go through the credit card company generally hurts small businesses.

2-does anyone have a sixxer? Can you take a picture of the fin area and post it? There are fins of differing design/offset/angles and would like to know the best way to attach

3-did I make a poor decision deciding to do business with Chaos surf company

thanks for your time

2009 RZ2, factory ballast, 260 hours

Don't have any experience with Chaos but will say it is completely normal for a board to just come with the fins. Don't think I have ever came across a manual for a surf board. Also going to assume you got a receipt when you paid online.

Regarding the fins you are going to want to run the large fins in the forward position and optional smaller ones in the rear if you desire more stability. Inserting the fins you loosen the fin key and insert the rear end first then push the fin key end down and tighten. You want the rounded edge of the fin on the outside of the board as well.

Comment

Chaos used to sponsor the West Coast Tige Owners Reunion, but hasnt the past few years. My dealings with Nick were always positive, but I never purchased a board from him. I can only say he used to visit this forum and post occasionally, so perhaps he will see this and respond?

Comment

We have 2 Chaos boards. The customer service and communication was excellent for both transactions. It's been about 2 years since our last order.

Comment

Imho if your spending that kind of money on a custom and don’t have the customer service I wouldn’t waist any time and would go with a reputable company. Sorry for your issues if you wanna get the best customer service and boards hit me up and I will get on a Neptune.
          surf till u die.

Comment

Working...
          X