Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was behind my boat.
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
      It was behind my boat.
      wow it huge

i cant imagine what it looks like behind a 24v
      The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way, but I am not impressed with the 24v wake. HOWEVER that being said my reason is this. The bigger the boat, the more you have to press down to get a bigger wake, so that may be why. I do like the boat, and think it's awesome. I also have not been behind a 24 in deep lake, so maybe after this summer I will change that.

Comment

In the competitions that they have used a 24ve in I think they load with something like 2500 pounds, so I'd say that it takes a lot of weight

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
            Don't take this the wrong way, but I am not impressed with the 24v wake. HOWEVER that being said my reason is this. The bigger the boat, the more you have to press down to get a bigger wake, so that may be why. I do like the boat, and think it's awesome. I also have not been behind a 24 in deep lake, so maybe after this summer I will change that.
            I felt the same way about the new SAN 220 when I rode behind it. However, when you really weigh one of these beasts down, they're massive.
            Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Dom

so the wake could be bigger on a smaller boat with less weight?
              The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

its easier to shape the wake in a smaller boat. And yes, theoretically you could make a smaller boat's wake bigger with the same amount of weight. however, the same holds true that you can add more weight to a bigger boat- simply due to its capacity.
                Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnsmith View Post
                  In the competitions that they have used a 24ve in I think they load with something like 2500 pounds, so I'd say that it takes a lot of weight
                  that's HUGE weight!

Comment

ONE YEAR LATER

So recently I have noticed that the ballast seems to be filling, all the time.

To make a long story short, my gate valve went bad and was stuck in the open position. The scoop then scoops water and some can passively go through the pumps and fill the sacks. That sucks because it makes the boat lopsided because of that big surf sack.

I talked to the guys at TigeAZ who sold the ballast system, and they will not replace the gate valve for free. I didn't try that hard, it has been about 13-14 months since I bought it. I spoke to them, and one of their installers is putting in a lot of manual valves these days because there has been a big problem with the gate valve sticking.

So I think that I will be putting in a small 'trap door' under the back seat and then a manual gate valve. I could just use the hole for the table stand. I have used my table once in nearly 3 years. Or I could just aim to the side of that and put one in. Kevin at Tige AZ told me of a plexiglass type of trap door that I could just look through it once the seat is up to see the valve, if I forget if it is on or off. I think I will be searching the internet soon for that. I gotta run, if someone sees one, post a link.
                    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

If its just sticking, why dont you try cleaning and re lubing it?http://www.phasefourindustries.com/s...ex.php/dm_cart
                      Let it be!!!

Comment

Also sorry about the problems. Can you close it manually?
                        Let it be!!!

Comment

One thing I discovered is that the manual override should be placed facing the engine. It is much more difficult to get a screwdriver in there if the screw is pointing to the front of the boat. I decided to reroute my front fill line anyway, so I took the seat out and everything and then tried to close the valve. The screw broke! So now I have to get it fixed. I can't close it manually.

In speaking with Kevin at Rival, he didn't think that cleaning it would help. he thought that the rubber inside corrodes after 3 months soaked in the water and it cannot be fixed.

Comment

Not the best pic, but you can see what happened to the gate valve when I tried to turn it manually.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Not sure who makes the gate valve. When I was looking at them last year, Phase Four Drainmaster had a 2 year warranty. On their site today they have a 1 year warranty with an option to purchase another year. Sounds like they know about the problem
                              Let it be!!!

Comment

Here is a link to a manual gate valve for an RV or bus. Not sure if it what you are looking for. http://www.dupreeproducts.com/

Look at the diagram for the detailed operation
                                Let it be!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X