Rival Ballast Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screws for fresh water pickup

The Attwood scoop I used for my system did not come wiht screws either but recomended brass. If others are using brass make sure you drill your hole out big enough for the screws to go in fairly easy. Mine were tight and I twisted the head off and had to start all over.

Comment

I used stainless since that was what was on the through hull for the engine from the factory. I drilled holes that were pretty tight to screw into. There is a very fine balance between holes that are too big and too small (or too deep as well).
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I think it's always a good idea to drill a pilot hole in gelcoat/fiberglass.

I would also go brass on brass or ss on ss instead of dissimilar metal if I could.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril
          I would also go brass on brass or ss on ss instead of dissimilar metal if I could.
          You bring up a good point. Different metals will react with one another. I had this issue with brass and galvanized steel, as well as with stainless steel and iron. It's not fun when it gets fused together or starts rusting at the point of contact.

BTW, stainless steel is not good for applications below the waterline. Use brass instead.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

What do you guys think of the silver screws that were on the factory installed scoop for the cooling system - so far I do not see any evidence of corrosion or problems because of the dissimilar metals.

I think that stainless would be much less likely to cause any problems.
            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Stainless v brass underwater

I noted stainless on my factory setup as well. I pulled them out and replaced with Brass just to keep the metals similar. I don't think you would have a reaction issue here because the screws do not actually go into the brass i.e. fuzzing is not likely an issue here. I saw another local guy hook up galvanized elbows and t's on brass thru holes for his ballast system. I'd hate to pull that apart in a couple years! :>

As far as stainless underwater goes, there is a plethra of stainles props, drive shafts etc that are underwater. As long as they are not bonded to the battery nuetral you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                Now that I have had the system for a little while
                tall,
                do you have any pix of the wake before and after?
                The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

wanna be, I can find some somewhere, let me look into it.
                  Originally posted by G-MONEY
                  It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

here is a before pic.

http://www.tigeowners.com/photos/sho...cat=500&page=1

Comment

are you a member of facebook?
                      i have a lot more pics on there and it would be easier to see the after one's.

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                        yes i have face book i know theres a couple of people from this site on face book...zad has one

wannabes facebook

zad's facebook

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                          yes i have face book i know theres a couple of people from this site on face book...zad has one

wannabes face book
                          fo sho
                          Common Sense is not so Common
                          Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

here is mine

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=9607134

Comment

wheres doms facebook?

i guess just add me/us then direct me to the pics

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                                hey was that pic behing your boat or talls?

Comment

Working...
                                X