No announcement yet.

Rival Ballast Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet!!! i'm doing that soon then, and getting them labeled as well!!
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Dom,

I was getting tire of posting when I got to the point in the thread about the switches. Here is a picture of the hole in the dash before the switch was put in. I should also note that this was one of the holes that Rival's directions had the right size listed. I drilled one in a board first just to check.

BTW - How did Tige get the lettering for the circuit breakers? That would work just fine to label the switches.
      Attached Files
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

tall, Great post! That system may be my winters project. Looking at a few.

Comment

I think it would be an awesome winter project. I am very pleased with the system so far.

Part of the difficulty with my installation was in trying to do it in the boating season, with only limited amount of time here and there, while trying to keep the boat usable. I found it difficult to start a certain step, find out I needed a different part, and then by the time I got the part, I no longer had time to complete that step. If it were a winter project, that would make it easier to leave the boat mid - project. Any time I had an entire day free, I was trying to use the boat.

Comment

Iwould like to here more about it after you get some use out of it before I would purchase it. My Tige' is getting a new home this summer so I will have a nice place to work on it all winter!!
            Attached Files

Comment

I've been out twice since completing the install, and so far, so good. I do have a little leak in at least one of my check valves, I may have to use tape in addition to the teflon pipe putty I already used. I may just let it leak a little for a while, since the blisters are still healing on my hands.

No one has commented on the theory of turbulence on the perfect pass wheel from the intake...Do I need Mythbusters on the case?

TD jr,

Having a home for your Tige is a beautiful thing.

Comment

I've got this thread posted on wakeworld. We'll see what the gurus there have to say as well.

Comment

Hey Tall, great post documenting the install. You finally opted to go thru-hull with it! Do you have any guidance on making that decision for the squeemish?

I am interested in how you drug the wiring through the "conduit" leading to the dash. The standard "poke piano wire down and attach the loom to the end, then yank it back up"?
                  Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

The 7 in 1 wire leading to the dash is very stiff. I was surprised at how easily I could thread it through. I passed it up from the engine compartment to go through the PVC pipe that is glued to the fiberglass to hold the other wires and then just blindly pushed it as far as I could get it, then went to the dash and looked down the sidewall in there and using my long arms was able to reach it on the first try.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy
                      Does anyone have any good ideas as to how to label the switches? Is there some type of weather proof sticker that I can print my own letters on so that above one switch it will say 'port fill' and underneath it will say 'port drain', for example.
                      I had a customer bring his boat in Saturday and he has made some labels for his. He is in HI until 06.14. so I will ask him how he did it when the come pick up the boat.

Comment

How about a picture until then?
                        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

OK!
                          Attached Files

Comment

The switches were labeled, he made the dash labels.

Comment

Incredible detail....! One question, did you ever put a shutoff valve at the inflow thru hull in case you need to shut off the system? Tks for sharing, I have all the pieces and plan on an install this winter and like to see it already in place

Comment

You can install a shut off if you like but the electric valve acts as a shut off also. It has a manual over ride if you where to loose power and needed to shut the valve for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X