No announcement yet.

Rival Ballast Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I put her on with about a pound of silicon sealant (OK, not that much). The nut that tightens the through hull on was really tough to get to because of the curve on the bottom of the boat. The nut goes on the inside. With a buddy to hold it in place, I was able to get some channel lock pliers on it and tighten it very good, albeit 1/8 of a turn at a time.

We then put the small screws in the through hull scoop and were done with drilling holes for now. These were the screws they forgot to send me, so I picked them up on my first trip to the hardware store, because I noticed they were not there.
    Attached Files
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I then put the 2 inch braided hose on to bridge the through hull and the gate valve.
      Attached Files

Comment

It is hard to see, but here are the pumps too.
        Attached Files

Comment

I love electricity!

The electrical went off pretty well without a hitch.

Since I am a whiner, I should point out that there is a 7 in one wire that they gave me to wire the gate valve and intake pumps, and if it had been 6 inches shorter, it wouldn't have fit. I had to make sure there was no slack in it.

The wires often had to go from one switch connector to another, note how on the red and white wires, I have other wires coming off of it. My first mistake was to complete a step: connect tab #3 to #5, done. Then the next step is connect tab 3 to #8. I had already crimped the wires on and had to cut them off and look at the big picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

I was nervous about drilling holes for the switches, but finally got her done.

Before:
            Attached Files

Comment

After:
              Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have any good ideas as to how to label the switches? Is there some type of weather proof sticker that I can print my own letters on so that above one switch it will say 'port fill' and underneath it will say 'port drain', for example. I know what they all do, but I will need for the driver to know too when I am riding.

They included a fuse holder, but couldn't send some fuses, so I had to buy those myself.

Comment

This is my goal!!!!!!!!

The end result!

This guy is a lot shorter than me so he makes the wake look bigger. I like that.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Check valves

Dom,

Yes, check valves came with the system. Sorry, I was posting and didn't see you slip one in on me. I hope that I didn't infer that the check valves did not come with the system.

I think you read what I said 'some systems simply drill two holes in the hull'. That would mean that you could avoid a check valve in the vent line by giving it its own through hull. That would be the 'non-Rival' way.

Rival told me to just T it off like I did and use the check valve.
                    Last edited by talltigeguy; 05-31-2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

nice post tall, I am going put this into a "how to" thread as dogbert sugggested.

Congrats on the install, I bet lake time is a lot less hasle now.

Comment

Tall,
                        You could try a jewlery store or a trophy shop for some labels. They should be able to engrave some small stainless plates for your switches.

Comment

Very nice install and excellent write-up. Every project I undertake takes longer and one or two extra trips to the store.

For the guys at Tige Performance Boats, the Rival stuff is secondary to their main business- selling Tige boats. They don't sell that many systems on new boats and don't make much off of it. Don't get me wrong- they are helpful, but they don't have anyone dedicated to just the Rival stuff so the customer getting a new boat or getting one fixed gets more attention. From what I've seen, it is still the best option out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Paublo
                            Very nice install and excellent write-up. Every project I undertake takes longer and one or two extra trips to the store.

For the guys at Tige Performance Boats, the Rival stuff is secondary to their main business- selling Tige boats. They don't sell that many systems on new boats and don't make much off of it. Don't get me wrong- they are helpful, but they don't have anyone dedicated to just the Rival stuff so the customer getting a new boat or getting one fixed gets more attention. From what I've seen, it is still the best option out there.

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!1
                            Originally posted by G-MONEY
                            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy
                              After:

was it hard to put the switches up there? I wanted to, but figured the fiberglass was too thick?
                              Originally posted by G-MONEY
                              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Dom,

That is not fiberglass the switches are mounted to. That part of the dash is a hard plastic about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.

Trophy shop - not a bad idea. Stainless to match my boat!

Comment

Working...
                                X