No announcement yet.

Rival Ballast Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talltigeguy, what ballast bags did you use? I am looking into getting some for my 24v and I'm not sure what to use for the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by misfits1981 View Post
      Talltigeguy, what ballast bags did you use? I am looking into getting some for my 24v and I'm not sure what to use for the bow.
      Cant remember, but I think he's got the Fly-Hi Integrated Bow Sac W711, It's a 650# sac but will not fill all the way. Seems to be about 80% in a 24 and about 75 in a 22.

This seems to be the most popular choice, can be filled with one pump and emptied with one.

He's got one custom surf sac and not sure about the other side.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok cool. I wasn't sure if it would fit under the seats. I haven't seen the boat in a while. I'm going to go with the bow sac, 2 750# sacs in the rear compartment, 3 self priming pumps, thru-hulls, and mushroom scoops. I'll try to get some pics up of the work.

Comment

Here is a pic of mine in my 22Ve

With 2 750#'ers in the rear, you may find you need more up front to clean up the wake. Sounds like a killer setup, cant wait to see some pics
          Attached Files
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe a ski locker bag under the bow filler cushion. It's always in the boat so it's not like the bag would be taking up any space. Good to see a pic of the bow bag. Thanks!

Comment

FYI, with those 750s full, you'll have very little room for anything in the rear compartment. You might want to check out those ENZO funny shaped sacs if you put stuff back there. I'm not sure how tall those get, though

Comment

Just happen to have that page open. The 750# sac is 20" high, the Enzo is either 25" or 26" high.

Comment

The enzo is a good fit in the 24V rear locker. I have one Enzo and One custom. The enzo puts more weight in the back corner which shapes a better wake than my custom. I should have went higher and wider on the custom
                  Let it be!!!

Comment

The enzo is taller but even when filled I stil have all life vests back there
                    Let it be!!!

Comment

Hay Xp, would you be willing to donate your custom sac dimensions over in the "third party ballast" thread? I would cut/past, but I cant. We are building a data base for Tige custom surf sacs.

thanks

Comment

wow I just saw that... 1400 + lbs.

Comment

I would, but I think the enzo is better. I actually will make another drawing changing the measurements on the custom bag a little for the best fit.
                          Let it be!!!

Comment

Wow, 1450#'s. So, with two of those that's 2900#'s. I don't think I could get enough weight up front to make it clean. Then again....

Comment

Originally posted by misfits1981 View Post
                              Wow, 1450#'s. So, with two of those that's 2900#'s. I don't think I could get enough weight up front to make it clean. Then again....
                              Those are for surfing you would only need the one side filled

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
                                I would, but I think the enzo is better. I actually will make another drawing changing the measurements on the custom bag a little for the best fit.
                                Cool, that's what I wanted to know

Comment

Working...
                                X