Rival Ballast Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GVelvet View Post
    Great post. I want to install this on my boat. Where can I buy the Rival ballast system? I tried Googling it with no luck. Thanks.

www.tigeaz.com Tige Performance Boats of Arizona. Give them a call, the web site is still under construction.

Tigé Performance Boats
    629 W Broadway Rd
    Mesa, Arizona 85210
    Phone 480.655.9055

Welcome to the site, post some pics of your ride
    Last edited by chpthril; 08-12-2007, 02:09 PM.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am sure they have lost countless sales due to not having a website. They used to have one, but no more. It has been 'under construction' since about the time I installed mine. It went down shortly after.

It makes things pretty nice, just remember before drilling any hole, if they say 1 inch hole, then double check and triple check, then drill a hole in a piece of wood and see if the part fits right. It still worries me to think that I may have had troubles with leaking if I had drilled a 2 inch hole instead of the 1 7/8 for the bottom through hull. You wouldn't think it would have made much difference, but you can see in my post that there was significant wiggle room.
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
        One more thing.

Tige compensates for feeling neglecting by putting huge bolts in their seats. They must be nearly 3 inches long when 1 might do. Jim pointed out to me these bolts under the seats, and they are worth watching. My surf sack has not had any damage from them, but I will be putting some nylon covers or some sort of protector over the end of them so that I do not have a problem in the future. This pic is looking inside the long storage compartment on the port side. This looks back to the rear port locker that has my life vests in it, and some miscellaneous other garbage.

Last week I moved the surfsac back to the starboard side. I missed covering one of the bolts. Could not figure out why my bilge pump was running. I checked the manifold and connections. When i pulled the bags out at the end of the week, major puncture in the surfsac.. Any one have the best way to repair?
        Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
          Last week I moved the surfsac back to the starboard side. I missed covering one of the bolts. Could not figure out why my bilge pump was running. I checked the manifold and connections. When i pulled the bags out at the end of the week, major puncture in the surfsac.. Any one have the best way to repair?

I would use the patch kit that comes with a...........shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... tube
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            I would use the patch kit that comes with a...........shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... tube
            haha Dont try to hide the fact you own like 200 TUBES
            Everything happens for a reason
            I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Hey, I finally found a use for that tube patch kit. When my kids put a hole in the tube, I don't fix it...see how long we can go without. Is that wrong?
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                haha Dont try to hide the fact you own like 200 TUBES
                You know this how????????...........Cause you keep asking to barrow one It's time to come out of the closet

Comment

by "tube," you mean one of those things that you use to float down the river, right? One for you, and one for your cooler.
                  Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    I have come to a conclusion and I think it will work. When you have the tube out and the children are tubing, do everything or anything to cause them to have a bad ride. When you do that, the next time they will think twice about tubing and would rather wakeboard or wakesurf...

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that having the brass valve is a PIA. I have to move the person sitting in the rear seat, pull up the seats, lift up my little trap door and then open the valve. I then fill my ballast and then have to repeat the entire process to shut the valve. I find myself debating if I want to use the ballast...the exact opposite of the intent with an automated ballast system.

I could just replace the scoop with a mushroom through hull and then I could still fill while underway, but water would not be forced into the manifold and I would not have to shut the gate valve off. The problem with just keeping it open now is that I end up filling the surf sack even while wakeboarding, and that makes the boat lopsided. I already have check valves in place to prevent backflow, so I think that would be an easy solution. Wouldn't that work? I would still have the brass valve if a pump cracked or some disaster occurs.

Comment

that sounds like a good idea and a good change before I drill the hole for my scoop. where can you get those?
                        Everything happens for a reason
                        I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Something like this would work nice.

But now I have a 1 and 7/8 inch hole in the bottom of my boat and am pretty uncomfortable with something that might have some wiggle room. I am back to trying to find out if they are talking 1.5 inch internal diameter or Outside diameter. I wonder if there might be something at the local shop, but I highly doubt it.

Comment

Or this:

http://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/series.aspx?id=152

What does N.P.S. stand for?

Comment

Or this:

http://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/series.aspx?id=152

What does N.P.S. stand for?
                              National pipe straight thread I think

Comment

Something like this would work nice.

But now I have a 1 and 7/8 inch hole in the bottom of my boat and am pretty uncomfortable with something that might have some wiggle room. I am back to trying to find out if they are talking 1.5 inch internal diameter or Outside diameter. I wonder if there might be something at the local shop, but I highly doubt it.
                                My 1 1/2 inch NPS thru hull took a 1 7/8 inch hole.
                                Let it be!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X