No announcement yet.

Fresh Air Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be my first mod this winter!!!! It's a little $$$$ but I think it will be worth the $$$$ with my 6 year starting to wakeboard and she really wants to start surfing. That may have to wait a bit but with kids spending more time behind the boat I think it will be worth the cash.

Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

This not only helps the kids behind the boat but also the people watching from inside the boat. When going slow we found the exhaust air circled back into the boat and was very noticeable. I have been using the FAE for a couple of years now, have had no problems, highly recommend it to everyone I know, and especially like to show it off as to how quiet it makes the boat. Yes it is some $$$$ but my kid and his friends can not have a price attached to them. Be safe.

Comment

I LOVE mine. definately makes for a quieter ride, 80% reduction in fumes (I think thats what I read) for those in the boat and the riders too. Think of it this way, you spend > $1000 just to get a tower on your boat, $300 bux is a small price to pay for saving ppl in your boat from all the exhaust AND saving everyone from the extra noise.

I'll admit, I'm a big fan, so keep that in mind when I say....Just do it!!
        Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

Anybody not like theirs?
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

We love it on ours!
            The noise reduction is dramatic and we can't smell the exhaust anymore.

The short rubber hose pieces on the threaded rod hangers that act as shock absorbers have been squished. I'm thinking of replacing them with polyurethane or better hose.

I don't know if it's because of the FAE, but the exhaust seems concentrated into a central plume behind the boat. The rising air bubbles makes the center of the wake more bouyant. If you stay in the center of the wake it's not as stable. We don't even notice it when crossing, but when we are teaching beginners they do better when they stay off-center a bit. We only had the boat out twice before putting on the FAE. Does the exhaust without FAE do the same thing?

Comment

yes
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I love mine, but will say that Dr. Mann did not ship enough clamps to hold it on. It came off about 4 times and did some damage to my swim platform. I would recommend getting some extra clamps to hold the FAE to the manifold. Anyway just my Not a rip on the product I just think I got shorted on some clamps and installed what I got thinking it would be sufficient. It is super quiet and no fumes.....and these ppl complaining about $300 on a 60k+ boat.....come on, buy a Bayliner already!!!

Comment

Exactly Sparky, we had ours blow off the first few trips out. After buying some heavy duty clamps we haven't had a problem. It is a great product! I actually am eager to catch a ride at the reunion with someone who doesn't have it. Of course if anyone wants to jump in with us to listen, come on over.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky216 View Post
                    I love mine, but will say that Dr. Mann did not ship enough clamps to hold it on. It came off about 4 times and did some damage to my swim platform. I would recommend getting some extra clamps to hold the FAE to the manifold. Anyway just my Not a rip on the product I just think I got shorted on some clamps and installed what I got thinking it would be sufficient. It is super quiet and no fumes.....and these ppl complaining about $300 on a 60k+ boat.....come on, buy a Bayliner already!!!
                    Be sure to let Larry know, he'll definitely fix it. He loves getting any kind of feedback. I had him out on my boat this summer and he's going to replace my downspout because it's too long and he says there's too much spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan and Christy View Post
                      Exactly Sparky, we had ours blow off the first few trips out. After buying some heavy duty clamps we haven't had a problem. It is a great product! I actually am eager to catch a ride at the reunion with someone who doesn't have it. Of course if anyone wants to jump in with us to listen, come on over.

I Forgot how quit my boat is til I surfed behind Wminnich's this week.......and wow, what a differance.

To back-up what Sparky said, look at what we are willing to pay for tower speakers and we are hung up over $300 that will make the whole day far more enjoyable then any $1200 pair of speakers.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Dan and Christy View Post
                        Of course if anyone wants to jump in with us to listen, come on over.
                        I will be interested for sure.
                        "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
                        "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          To back-up what Sparky said, look at what we are willing to pay for tower speakers and we are hung up over $300 that will make the whole day far more enjoyable then any $1200 pair of speakers.
                          This is why I got mine to begin with. I did add some more sound on my tower after that, but it was admittedly overkill.

The CO reduction was just an added bonus.

Comment

Fresh Air Exhaust

We (Fresh Air Exhaust) recently used a different brand rubber hose for our joints. Since then, we have had one customer tell us that their system was slipping off. We sent him a replacement. If you are having this problem, let us know. We will not purchase this brand of hose again. The hose clamps we use are heavy duty, 100% stainless steel and made in America.

FAE is designed to slip loose if you should strike something; consequently, there is a balance in the design between too tight and too loose.

We no longer use the rubber hose on the mounting all-thread as it does just squish over time. We now use a stainless sleeve over the all-thread and it looks much better. If you want to cover your all-thread with the stainless sleeve, let us know.

When we sell a FAE, we expect it to work. If it doesn't work or install as expected, we will send replacement parts as necessary. We rely upon customer feedback to improve Fresh Air Exhaust.

The carbon monoxide reduction was reported as 90% by the CDC. That testing was conducted upon an older carbureted engine Nautique. On testing we performed on our 2001 Tige throttle body fuel injected engine we obtained improvements as high as 98% CO reduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                              We no longer use the rubber hose on the mounting all-thread as it does just squish over time. We now use a stainless sleeve over the all-thread and it looks much better.
                              Our kit came with the SS tube to cover the threaded rod and a short piece of hose. The rubber hose getting squished tells me there is some movement there that the rubber hose allows. If it were replaced with a full-length SS tube there wouldn't be any allowance for movement.

Comment

Originally posted by R&T Babich View Post
                                Our kit came with the SS tube to cover the threaded rod and a short piece of hose. The rubber hose getting squished tells me there is some movement there that the rubber hose allows. If it were replaced with a full-length SS tube there wouldn't be any allowance for movement.
                                I have the same setup as you, but there's an extra nut on the one end that's supposed to prevent that from happening. I'll see if I can dig up a decent picture that illustrates this.

Comment

Working...
                                X