Fresh Air Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
    Me too. I thought alot about the FAE, and it just seems its too new of a mod for me right now. I will wait til the jury is out more. I can def smell exhaust when on the step when the boat is not moving, or maybe at idle moving, but I don't at all at surfing speed.

As far as the noise, I installed the infinity 6100M speakers with talkback, and can easily talkback to my kids while wakeboarding or surfing.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4172
    Seems like you went to a lot of expense to overcompensate for that loud motor. But, then again, I'm not a big fan of Harley motorcycles either.

I've had the FAE for a year and a half and I've had no issues. It's the first mod going on my next boat.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I just spent my first day on the water with my FAE installed. I have to say I love it. We surfed for 6 hours straight and the only time I smelled any exhaust at all was when we were at idle. As far as noise, we could actually have conversations with the rider (we had to turn the tunes down though ) because its so much quieter.

I would definatley recommend it.
      Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by jleger98 View Post
        As far as noise, we could actually have conversations with the rider (we had to turn the tunes down though ) because its so much quieter.

I would definatley recommend it.
        Ya when the rider could talk to us, My wife said thats it, it stays on.
        Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Originally posted by whitlock87 View Post
          Ya when the rider could talk to us, My wife said thats it, it stays on.
          do you guys mean when surfing?
          if you mean wakeboarding....what about the wind and water splashing? I would think you couldnt hear because of that stuff.
          Everything happens for a reason
          I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

We can even talk to the guy on a Wakeboard with a 75' line.
            ( so about 65 feet out)

Ya you have to yell. But then can hear you.
            (It’s harder to hear them, but if you kid is as load as mine, then no problem)
            Also when they cut, you can hear the water under the board from inside the boat.
            I have a DB meter; we went from 96 down to 67.
            (I also insulated under the back bench and floor / tank cover to reduce Engine sound)

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
              do you guys mean when surfing?
              if you mean wakeboarding....what about the wind and water splashing? I would think you couldnt hear because of that stuff.
              No I mean surfing. Before we had to yell, now we can just talk. The majority of the noise is from the water, not the boat. We haven't wakeboarded yet....maybe tonight. Supposed to be winds around 15mph, but if they are out of the south, we can play on the south shore and be ok.
              Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

Has anyone installed one on a 24V yet Id like to look at some of those pics cause it seems like some of your taps plates are kinda different. Sounds like an interesting item to look into since Ive taken on wakesurfin with wakeboarding too.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiceman831 View Post
                  Has anyone installed one on a 24V yet Id like to look at some of those pics cause it seems like some of your taps plates are kinda different. Sounds like an interesting item to look into since Ive taken on wakesurfin with wakeboarding too.
                  I think Xpjim and Talltigeguy both have 05 24V's and I dont think Tige made any real changes to it for 06 since it was it's last year. I bet my 06 Ve is almost identical to your V.

Dr Mann does each one based on the dimensions of the boat, they are not a universal kit. My install went perfect. Had a little spray till I fine tuned the angle of the down spout. All good now
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Heres a link to my pictures on a 05 24V

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...22&postcount=1
                    Let it be!!!

Comment

Sounds like an interesting item to look into since Ive taken on wakesurfin with wakeboarding too.
                      If you are going to WakeSurf, this is a must.

Comment

Does it really quieten the engine noise that much? I am still a skeptical bastard!
                        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                          Does it really quieten the engine noise that much? I am still a skeptical bastard!

YES
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I took a friend out this weekend and he could not believe how quiet my boat was..
                            Let it be!!!

Comment

Measured from the driver seat, I went from 80 Db at 15mph to 60, and then from 108db at 35mph to 82db.

So let’s put it this way, I only have a 200w amp for my tower speakers. Before you could not hear them if you where boarding. Now I have then detuned to 75%, and the boarder hears them just fine. Also I can talk (not yell) to others in the boat while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                                Let me put it this way, you'll finally notice how loud the engine is inside your boat. You'll definitely be able to hear your speakers. It's a 75% reduction in Dbs.
                                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                                X