Fresh Air Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitlock87 View Post
    If you angel it up a little, the spray will go away.
    I had the same problem, and I lost a little control of my taps. After talking to Larry, he had me change the angel (a little at a time) that did it!
    So did you gain control of your taps again after angleing it up? I have been considering the FAE but love the sound of the motor, hate the look of the FAE, and would hate to lose the functionality of Tige's #1 trademark (TAPS)
    If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

We had our first outing a few weeks ago with the FAE. It definetely seems to be quieter, especially at cruise.
      Attached Files
      Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

Originally posted by wakeboarder247 View Post
        So did you gain control of your taps again after angleing it up? I have been considering the FAE but love the sound of the motor, hate the look of the FAE, and would hate to lose the functionality of Tige's #1 trademark (TAPS)
        Unless the FAE is interfering with the movement of the TAPS, I dont think it can hinder the affect of the TAPS as it is adjusting the attitude of the boat and the shape of the wake coming of the hull. The FAE down pipe is as wide as the prop shaft strut and a little wider than the rudder.

Funny thing happens when my boat it in the water I cant see the FAE I have fallen in love with the quite now

The only adverse affect I have found is a little spray at surfing speed. I plan to adjust the angle today before we go out. You cant go wrong withe this Mod.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Like anything else on your boat, it needs adjustment. The FAE should never interfere with your TAPS, if it does, it's been installed incorrectly. I had spray also and just played with it until went away.

As for the sound of the motor, you can still hear it inside the boat...it's just the rider doesn't have to listen to 90+ Db of exhaust noise. I'd rather be hearing the stereo

I'm with chpthril, you can't go wrong with this mod.

If you want to hear exhaust noise, go get a Harley
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Unless the FAE is interfering with the movement of the TAPS, I dont think it can hinder the affect of the TAPS as it is adjusting the attitude of the boat and the shape of the wake coming of the hull. The FAE down pipe is as wide as the prop shaft strut and a little wider than the rudder.

:
            What happens with my boat was that the force of the engine exhaust and water would push the bow down at wakeboarding speeds. So it was like my Taps could only go from 1 to 4.
            After changing the angel I got full control of my taps back.
            Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

An NO it was not hitting the taps plate!
              Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Originally posted by whitlock87 View Post
                An NO it was not hitting the taps plate!
                Just trying to speculate on some possibilities but not insinuating that you installed it wrong, sorry man. I guess there are still some unknowns out there and the more of these that are installed, the more we will see this kind of stuff pop up.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

But doesn't routing the dual exhaust into one pipe seriously rob horsepower from the motor? You would think that this would really limit the airflow.

Comment

Not really. You really don't need pipes that big.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Jacques, Someone else in this form has commented on adding the FAE and said their top end speed was reduced by about 1-3 MPH. (chpthril?????). Reduction of top speed or having cleaner air behind the boat??? IMO, I'ld go for the cleaner air anytime...

Comment

BTW, the speed reduction is mainly from the additional drag, not the size of the exhaust.

Comment

I personally LOVE the sound of my motor.
                          Everything happens for a reason
                          I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                            I personally LOVE the sound of my motor.
                            Me too. I thought alot about the FAE, and it just seems its too new of a mod for me right now. I will wait til the jury is out more. I can def smell exhaust when on the step when the boat is not moving, or maybe at idle moving, but I don't at all at surfing speed.

As far as the noise, I installed the infinity 6100M speakers with talkback, and can easily talkback to my kids while wakeboarding or surfing.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4172
                            http://wake9.com/

Comment

And I'd personally sacrafice the clean air for 1-3 mph and the sound of "Awesome" that the boat makes. Although I am new to this boating thing and the noise will probably get old with time...or not.
                              But seriously, the chrome FAE looks really cool. Nice work.

Comment

I agree. ScootC has a very nice SS setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X