No announcement yet.

Fresh Air Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side view, you can see the tape that was talked adout.
    Attached Files
    Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

I like the idea of all the fumes being thrust into the propwash, but am I the only one that actually LIKES the drone of the 350 cubic inches of V-8 luvvin thats in the back of the boat?
      Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Runne- I love it too! Sometimes I used the fake-a-lake just to hear it out of water.
        Everything happens for a reason
        I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Ruune
          I like the idea of all the fumes being thrust into the propwash, but am I the only one that actually LIKES the drone of the 350 cubic inches of V-8 luvvin thats in the back of the boat?
          I do, wifey doesn't. If you are married you know the result.
          Ray Thompson
          2005 22V

Comment

Ruune...I have to admit that I am completely with you on this one... I like the sound...the rumble...that feeling in your gut... If I have to drive wimpy cars for gas milage, I at least want my boat to sound manly...

Comment

Knock on wood, so far my wife has yet to complain about the boat being too loud... In ours, you can actually have a conversation with the person in the observer seat... In our last boat, there was no way to really talk... Now with the stereo kickin, all bets are off... Then she complains...

Comment

Don’t get me wrong; I like the sound of a big engine as well, just not for 4 hours straight.

Also there is something really cool about floating up next to another boat that is sounding really beefy, and you are making no noise. He punches it so you do the same.
                Next thing you know he is about 40 feet behind you and wondering what happened.

Now that’s what I like. (Small Tige BIG engine)

(I loss the noise, not the POWER)
                Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

You Want Beefy

Several years ago I was with a friend that fishes. He had a friend that raced bass boats and this person offered me a ride in one of his racing boats. I could not refuse. Now the boat was an Allison with what looked liked a standard outboard engine. It was however a 4.3 liter racing engine under the cover with a high pitched prop and low water pickup. All the racing goodies you see.

Well we went out on the river and were doing about 50 mph when a chap in hopped up "chopper" boat comes up along side, looks at us, and then floors his boat. The chap I was riding with says "hold on" and he floors his boat. We blew past the guy in the chopper boat and watched his mouth drop for a split second. We kept on going and eventually reached a speed of about 96 mph.

The boat was riding on the prop and about 5 square inches of hull. It was scary as any small debris in the water would have tossed the boat in the air and it very well could have flipped. After about 3 minutes of this the chap slowed back down.

I never want to go that fast on water again. It also showed me that you cannot trust appearances and that non-descript little craft may have more than it appears. And surprisingly the racing boat was much quieter than the chopper boat, until you factored in the wind noise.
                  Ray Thompson
                  2005 22V

Comment

Originally posted by wrangler
                    Ruune...I have to admit that I am completely with you on this one... I like the sound...the rumble...that feeling in your gut... If I have to drive wimpy cars for gas milage, I at least want my boat to sound manly...
                    The same sound gets boring after a while...I'd rather hear my tunes behind the boat than my exhaust. Then again, I think Harley's are obnoxiously loud.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by tweirich
                      Then again, I think Harley's are obnoxiously loud.
                      I thought I was the only one who hated the sound Harleys. However, the sound of a blown big block is the one of the best sounds on the planet to me. To me a Harley sounds like an overgrown lawn mower.

Ray, what do you mean when you say "chopper boat"? Was it a flat bottom or hydro, or one of those glorified runabouts with the crazy gelcoat and through hulls, offshore power boat mabey, or did it actually have handlebars? I'm assuming that was your first experience in a boat that will do 100mph? I know that first trip to 100 is a little unnerving but after my first trip to the century mark, all I wanted to do was do it again. One these days I will get me a flat bottom.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Outboard eater.

Comment

Let me try that again.

Outboard eater!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO
                            Ray, what do you mean when you say "chopper boat"?
                            One of those boats that are low, no windshield, space for two, with a big V8 in the back with exhausts that stick out over the top of the hull, generally with a jet drive, and loud. A little more sedate than the picture that you posted, but along the same lines.
                            Ray Thompson
                            2005 22V

Comment

Ah hah, yeah, probably a squirt gun.

Comment

I am with the sound guys! Couldn't loose that.

Comment

Working...
                                X