No announcement yet.

props to wife for backing trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my wife is pro at putting the boat on the trailer......
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Thats funny $hit right there. Mine usually just sneaks past there open door... giving them a scare with the bunks on the trailer.. making sure they know she is better at backing than they are.
      Originally posted by Dan and Christy View Post
      It's great, my wife will start yelling at people if they take up too much room on the ramp! She is a pro at backing the trailer. It's always fun to load up and dry the boat off and then watch the insanity still happening.
      So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Sorry to sound like an *** but I cannot imagine why either half would not learn how to back down the trailer and load the boat on and off.

Every since we have owed a boat some 12 years ago my wife has known how to back down a trailer and to load a boat on and off. We both learned at the same time how to back up with a trailer at a shopping mall lot when we got our first boat.

She will yell at me if she feels I'm too slow or haven't angled the trailer properly to take into account either the wind or currents. We often launch on a tidal river and if the currents and winds are in the same direction it is easier to load the boat on one side of the launch vs. the other and also to angle the trailer slightly into the current so the boat slides onto the trailer with the current.

We both take responsibility to go over the checklist for loading and unloading the boat, hooking up the trailer etc. and double checking each other's work.

She can hook up the trailer and launch the boat without me and does so when I can't take the kids out.

I'm sorry but it is a hell of a lot easier if both can do both jobs and I believe that it is also a lot SAFER for the family as a whole. That is the reasoning I used with her to convince her that she had to do her part.

We have a two day haul from Vancouver to Lake Powell this summer. I cannot imagine doing this without my wife doing her part of the driving, loading / unloading etc.
        Last edited by canuck; 06-15-2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X