props to wife for backing trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

props to wife for backing trailer

I want to give a shout out to my wife for backing the empty trailer down the ramp this weekend.

First time was a little rough -- a very understanding guy waiting to use the ramp said "no problem, take your time. My wife won't even try and I wish she would".

Second time went much smoother.

By the end of summer, she will be a pro.

Yes she will. had same thing w my wife years ago and she did great. Now we don't trailer and she's lousy. good luck.

Comment

Life is so much easier when the other half can do stuff like this. My wife has been backing the boat and the trailer down the ramp for 4 years now.

Congrats.

Comment

Let's Hear it for all the wives that can!! Mine can too. Took about 10 times and she basically had it down. Makes life so much easier!! Way to go Duncan's wife.

Comment

Good job and props!! My wife has been doing this for 3 seasons now and I love it when she pulls up and shows up just about everyone on the boat ramp.

Comment

Way to go.

My wife hates it but at least she will do it. It takes her some time but she can get it done. Better than me having to do it all.

Comment

I drive the truck / trailer and my wife drives the boat.
              I back down with her in the boat and launch it. When it time to go, she drop me off at the ramp I get the truck back it down and she drive onto the trail. In and out in just a few min.
              Like you all have been saying, it so much nicer when you work together.
              Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

My wife has been backing the trailer for the last 10 or 11 years. The other guys on the ramp always look so jealous. We are in and out in under a minute. She is better than I am now!

Comment

My wife is great at backing the trailer down. she does it to launch and retrieve. Also its all with our cab-over camper on the truck.
                  2001 Tige 21V Fresh Air Exhaust, ballast, loud stereo, blue v drive, ACME 1235 prop Kneeboarding, Surfing, and having fun!

Comment

I'd love to have my GF drive the truck & trailer, but with a manual tranny I'd rather save my clutch! She will drive the boat off, but not on. Hopefully next month we will have it on a hydro-hoist and no trailer time needed!

Comment

Whoops - forgot something important which I'm pretty sure everybody does with loving restraint but nobody mentioned......

NO YELLING at the wife....no stern words....no "guy" attitude.

Jbort - married 30 yrs

Comment

Right now my wife unloads and loads the boat. I do the backing of the trailer. She doesn't like loading the boat, and sometimes it takes her 2 tries (or more) to get it lined up correctly to load the boat onto the trailer.

But, she is very scared of having to back the trailer down. I've offered to teach her, but she's got a mental block against it. Props to you guys who have wives who can back a trailer, but for now, I'm very proud of my wife who can easily unload the boat, and (sometimes) load the boat on the first try.

Comment

Originally posted by bvaughn View Post
                          I'm very proud of my wife who can easily unload the boat, and (sometimes) load the boat on the first try.
                          I think it is awesome whenever it is a team effort, however duties are divided

Comment

My wife has broken the hearts of many a male boat-backer. She can back an 8' trailer in a 10' slot. It's funny to watch her on the launch ramp. She makes fun of the men when they cant get the trailer straight on the ramp.
                            We launch in 2 minutes and load in like 3 minutes. She's been backing a boat trailer since 1984.... She da bomb.
                            So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

It's great, my wife will start yelling at people if they take up too much room on the ramp! She is a pro at backing the trailer. It's always fun to load up and dry the boat off and then watch the insanity still happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X