X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's better than a Fake-A-Lake?

This:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Very simple and works excellent with Johnson pumps. Remove the inlet hose (bottom) and unscrew the little threaded plastic insert to reveal the female threads on the pump inlet nozzle. Screw in the 1" plastic male connector with the connected hose. Hook up a garden hose. Turn it on, fire the boat... adjust flow so the garden hose isn't collapsing. Works excellent.
    Cost is about.. $8, and you don't have to lay down on the driveway to get it going.
    So this monkey walks into a bar...

my housing is off to the side of the motor on it's own pulley and bracket...

This would still work for me though... (and has )

Hey - did you get the prop yet?
    Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Looks good. That looks to be on a DD. A little easier to access than a Vdrive.

Comment

Got it ... ran it... didnt like it... am selling it. LOL
        I had my stock prop off and I fixed it myself. I have tried to fix stainless props before, but never brass. FORGET fixing a stainless prop yourself... but the Acme was EASY to fix. It's Nibral... (brass alloy) and I made it perfect again. Re-installed it and ran it... DAMN my boat has pop! You need to ride in this thing... it snaps your head back.
        Easily the quickest inboard I have ever been in.

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
        my housing is off to the side of the motor on it's own pulley and bracket...

This would still work for me though... (and has )

Hey - did you get the prop yet?

Comment

Ya Skip... wouldn't work for you as easy as for me and Fiver.If I had a V-drive, I'd install a permanent connection to a convenient location with a ball valve.

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
          Looks good. That looks to be on a DD. A little easier to access than a Vdrive.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy_houseboater View Post
            Got it ... ran it... didnt like it... am selling it. LOL
            Damn, sorry you didn't like it... At least you got it and gave it a go
            Waiting for another good one!

Comment

It worked fine, but it killed the mid-range pop that I love so much. It gave me the same top speed as my 3 blade. What I noticed was the wake table was WAY smoother. If it hadn't killed my mid-range pop, I would run it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy_houseboater View Post
                Very simple and works excellent with Johnson pumps. Remove the inlet hose (bottom) and unscrew the little threaded plastic insert to reveal the female threads on the pump inlet nozzle. Screw in the 1" plastic male connector with the connected hose. Hook up a garden hose. Turn it on, fire the boat... adjust flow so the garden hose isn't collapsing. Works excellent.
                Cost is about.. $8, and you don't have to lay down on the driveway to get it going.
                I have a sweet PERKO flush system that runs right off the seacock I believe.. It is water pressure activated so that when you connect the hose to the easily retrieved area where the oil line runs, the intake from the bottom of the boat closes off.. I had my boat guy put it on last season and it has made the world of a difference when I come home to flush it. If you want I'll take some pictures of it and post it.. but I'm pretty sure everyone has seen something like it before.. 86 bucks for the Perko component and some costs to run the hose line.. but other than that it is MONEY...

Comment

Working...
                X