Alpha Z Front Facing Tower Lights Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z Front Facing Tower Lights Not Working

I have a 2012 RZ2 and the Front facing tower lights are not working. Is there any other hidden breakers, or fuses besides the pop circuit breaker? If there is not, this must be the problem?

There are a pair of relays next to the redundant switch panel under the dash. One is for tower lights and the other is for docking lights. If you do not have docking lights, pull the relays and swap their positions. If the tower lights work again, it was the relay, if not, check the blue wire with white stripe going into the relay. It provides power to trigger the relay.

Most likely the issue is a bad relay. I had to say relay at least one more time ;-)
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yep likely relays because Tige mounts them connectors up, allowing water to wick into the relay. Just replace both, pull them off their mounts, rotate them and remount connectors down.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

How do I get at the relays. The panel holding he sub and the speaker won’t come off

Comment

Depending one when tige made the change, that panel is either a solid wall structure thats part of the boat deck cap or there is an access panel that held in with 4 black toggles you just turn them 90* and the panel above the woofer and speaker comes out.

If there is no access panel held in with the black toggles, there is nothing behind the wall to get to, its all under the helm.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Can you tell me what replacement relay I need to get? It appears the marina took the old one out but when I said I would replace it, didn't leave the old relay for comparison.

Comment

Its a standard 30A to 40A 4 or 5 pin Bosch pin style relay. 85, 85, 30, 87 and 87A. Most any auto parts store should have one.

Comment

My tower lights would not turn off found this post replaced both relays next to fuse box under the steering wheel and all fixed!! Plan to change the orientation of relays as recommended in a earlier post.

Comment

Working...
                X