Wiring Diagrams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Diagrams?

Are there any available for these boats? Like a database somewhere with a bunch of PDF files? I'm running into stupid little problems in my boat that are more annoying than anything. One night my tach and speedo wouldn't light up, the next they do.. Taps worked fine yesterday, today it doesn't do anything. I look at the back of these gauges and they've got reds and yellows and purples and black and all sorts of crap... Anybody know which is supposed to be ground? I've used a volt meter on the key switch to try and narrow it down, but I've got literally 8 wires coming off of the back of it.. I don't know if this is factory, or if somebody has done a number to this thing in the past.... I'd like to know what's supposed to go where and what's been added... Would the factory maybe still have these for an '03 boat?

Purple wires on gauges are keyed power so the switch has to be on to get positive power. All blacks on the gauges are negative, no switches. Yellow with red stripe on key switch, start wire to solenoid on starter (first goes to neutral safety on transmission), pink wire on fuel gauge, sending unit. Blue wire on oil pressure gauge, sender wire. Brown wire on water temp, sender wire.
    All gauge lights ground through the back of the gauge via a built in wire on the gauge and the positive comes from a switched lead wire from the navigation lights switch. Grey wire on tachometer is the sender wire.
    Gauges working occasionally equals a bad connection somewhere, not always a ground. The gauges are hooked in series so if you lost one gauge then look at the connection going to and at that gauge. If you lost multiple gauges, find the first one in the series that failed and ch co those connections and the ones leading to it.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Awesome info!!! Thank you very much!!

Comment

@boatwakes. Thanks for sharing that info. I knew some because of prior issues, but I really think that this will assist me in the future as well.

Comment

Cmx xvxczx zzz Cc{~,€[Cd YCb,,",FVS H[IMG][/IMG]BBC ,"x
          X A Deen c

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
            Are there any available for these boats? Like a database somewhere with a bunch of PDF files? I'm running into stupid little problems in my boat that are more annoying than anything. One night my tach and speedo wouldn't light up, the next they do.. Taps worked fine yesterday, today it doesn't do anything. I look at the back of these gauges and they've got reds and yellows and purples and black and all sorts of crap... Anybody know which is supposed to be ground? I've used a volt meter on the key switch to try and narrow it down, but I've got literally 8 wires coming off of the back of it.. I don't know if this is factory, or if somebody has done a number to this thing in the past.... I'd like to know what's supposed to go where and what's been added... Would the factory maybe still have these for an '03 boat?
            XCzech..

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
              [emoji23] [emoji19] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji4] [emoji19] [emoji20] [emoji19] [emoji18] [emoji17] [emoji19]

Comment

I have some wiring diagrams that I got from Tige. They are for my 2009 RZ4.
                2009 Tigé RZ4

Comment

are you able to post these? I have trouble with my 2005 21I volt gauge.

Comment

I'd like a link as well if you can post or pm

Comment

A note for folks with Faria gauges and the Faria warranty program—I have a 2006 22V. The tach stopped working. I verified power to and through the gauge and sent the old tach to Faria along with their $125 credit card deposit. It is off season and within a week I had my old gauge back with a note “obsolete” and $0 charge. I called Faria and they said the gauge is obsolete and cannot be repaired. They recommended a similar gauge with hour meter, but lacking the air and water temperature. I bought it and installed it and the tach / hour meter worked fine, but the speedometer would not work, and the speed set quit working. I finally got the speedo and speed set to work, but to do so I had to wire in the old tach hidden under the dash. From a wiring perspective the new tach has posts for the purple (switched power), black (ground) and gray (feed for tach). The old tach has two connectors— one with two purple, one black and one gray. The other with two whites (water and air temp), one black and one pink (fuel sender).

So everything is working but if anyone has a solution that allows me to pull the old tach and correct the wiring so the speedo and speed set work, I would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks all!

Comment

Hi I have a question I have a 2007 22ve tige and I have nothing left on the counters and nothing works cruise control and all the other electronic stuff. I checked all the fuses and changed the mmdc and still nothing.

Comment

Working...
                        X