2005 Tige 22V No power to Ignition switch and gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Tige 22V No power to Ignition switch and gauges

I installed two new batteries in my boat today and I hooked up one of the batteries backwards. (So frustrating, I just wasn't paying attention) When I turned the power switch on and went to start I had lots of smoke come out of the engine compartment. The wire between my starter solenoid and alternator melted. I installed a new wire in its place and connected the batteries correctly. I have power on the main wire to the solenoid but I'm getting nothing when I turn the key.

Have you checked all the fuses? There is also a fuse on top of the engine with a red button on it next to your solenoid near the distributor. (I think, depending on engine). Make sure it's not popped.

Comment

I've checked all of the fuses I have forums. The red button on top of the motor was not popped out. I pushed it but it was still tight

Comment

All of the fuses I have found

Comment

I installed a new remote starter solenoid relay and it didn't help any. I have no power to the wires inside that box. I'm starting to trace those wires now.

Comment

Sounds like you are on the right track. It's down to tracing the power down to where it disappears. If u aren't already, it helps to follow the electrical diagram posted on this site. I think there is only one for the 20v but it should be close enough for u to follow. It's under the download section.

Comment

I ran another power supply to my 50amp breaker terminal in the marine power box And it gets everything working. The original power wire running into the 50amp breaker is a red/grey wire. Without completing tearing my wiring system apart I'm unable to figure out where it goes. Can some one help me with where this wire runs to and hopefully there is a blown fuse in its path. Thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by Simoja View Post
                I ran another power supply to my 50amp breaker terminal in the marine power box And it gets everything working. The original power wire running into the 50amp breaker is a red/grey wire. Without completing tearing my wiring system apart I'm unable to figure out where it goes. Can some one help me with where this wire runs to and hopefully there is a blown fuse in its path. Thanks for any help
                Any Updates on this? Having the same issue!

Comment

Working...
                X