Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Set Connector Pinout

2006 24V w/ MP 340

Doing some troubleshooting on my Speed Set, trying to get it working again. Hadn't worked when I bought the boat and the previous owner was a great mechanic with lots of cut wires and faulty splices. One of those cut wires comes off the speed set connector at the board, it's white. Anyone know where it goes? I can't seem to find the other end floating around under the helm. Also, there's another wire that comes out of the speed set connector harness. It looks like it just doubles back but it's cut as well. Gray or brown maybe? I'd like to find a pinout to trace out the wires and make sure they're all at least connected.

A little more depth on my specific symptoms, just fyi, I wasn't sure what was working or not. When I bought the boat, I had no gauges working. I replaced my tach and speedo with Faria Commanders from another same era Tige. My tach worked but the speedo never did. Depth and temp seemed to work. Tested the paddle wheel out of circuit and it was working. In circuit it was not. The speedo was pulling the speed signal to ground so I think something is bad internal to the speedo. There is a Y harness that splits the paddle wheel signal to the speedo and another green wire that appears to be non factory. That other green wire is spliced into the harness that holds the speed set wires. I hoped that I could get speed set working, even without a speedo, so I disconnected the speedo and left the other wire connected. Took the boat out and when giving throttle, the boat revs up a little but almost immediately cuts the throttle to idle and just idles forward. If I disconnect that signal wire, the boat runs normally. It's almost as if it's setting the cruise at idle. Something somewhere along the line is wrong, just gotta find out how much and where, lol.
    Attached Files
Working...
X