2008 RZ2 Alternator voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 RZ2 Alternator voltage

What is the typical voltage I should be getting under power from my alternator? I am only getting 12.9-13.4 when the boat is under power. Seems low. Just wondering if my alternator is going out or weak. Seems like it should be 14-14.4 when going.

Is this measured right off the back of the alt? At the battery or the helm gauge display?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Is this measured right off the back of the alt? At the battery or the helm gauge display?
      helm gauge

Comment

Before I panic, id get a volt meter and take a measurement right off the large post of the alternator. If good, move to the battery and keep moving toward the helm until you find where the voltage drops.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X