Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Starts when turning key to "Run"

Always something new...

So we had out snow cover fail and let significant amount of snow/rain into the boat, which did not drain properly. Long story short, we had standing water a few inches up the engine (maybe 6). Got everything drained and cleaned and here is where we stand.

ACC mode (key left) - computer comes on, radio comes on, blower comes on - all seems normal.
    Run mode, before starting - as soon as I turn the key, the engine starts. The good news is that is starts, but obviously it shouldn't do that. I checked the starter solenoid and it seems fine. Open circuit normally. It also doesn't seem to ride the starter after engine start. It is acting like the computer is telling it to start. So my next test is I removed the 12 to the starter solenoid so I could test without starting the engine. With that removed, I can put the key into run without issue. If I turn to start, the computer blacks out and reboots. Not sure how water in the bottom would impact the computer, but seems something is messed up. I'm a mechanical guy, chasing electrical sucks. Any suggestions, thoughts, places to look? Anything would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you!!

2016 Tige RZ2 - PCM EX 343
Working...
X