Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 24V Oil Pressure Switch Buzzer

Hi,

Got an '06 24V and I'm a little hung up on the oil pressure switch. The original switch was bad so I replaced it but nothing changed buzzer / alarm / warning sound wise. From what I read there's a buzzer that comes on with low oil pressure. While running the boat on the hose I shorted the pressure switch wire to ground to simulate no oil pressure but there was no buzzer or warning. Digging up under the dash, there's a buzzer zip tied to some wires but it doesn't buzz. Is that the low oil pressure buzzer? What does the oil pressure switch circuit look like? I traced it a little bit and there's a brown/white wire coming from it up to a quick-connect on the top of the engine, however, I lose the wire after that point. Where's it go?

Thanks!

BTW, the wires on the dead buzzer are purple, coming from the oil pressure gauge. I think purple is just switched power for the gauges so source is irrelevant. The ground is Brown/Blue. Where does that wire go? I replaced the dead buzzer with one I had laying around and it works again. With the key on, it sounds, engine running, it's off. The thing that confuses me is the oil pressure switch connected or disconnected seems to have no effect on the buzzer. I don't think it's for the oil pressure switch. What's it for? And where's the oil pressure switch buzzer?

image_52711.jpg
    Last edited by skidaddle; 06-19-2023, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I traced the brown/white wire from the oil pressure switch and it goes into this large black connector boot looking thing mounted on the front of the engine. It goes in but doesn't come back out so maybe that's a splice?

PXL_20230619_005718551~2.jpg

Comment

I wanna update this with some info I've learned. Looks like the buzzer is essentially the check engine light. If there's a fault code it'll alarm. My boat was throwing a diagnostic code periodically (knock sensor) and I believe this buzzer is in the harness that plugs into the diagnostic connector. So it's probably not directly wired to the oil pressure switch. Still not sure what the switch feeds into or when it will alarm. My guess is along with the check engine buzzer.

Comment

Working...
        X