2003 22i Type R - Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 22i Type R - Wiring Diagram

Anybody out there have a 2003 22i Type R - Wiring Diagram? I'm having some electrical problems and want the wiring diagram to help troubleshoot.

Be better off getting out your colored pencils and drawing your own...not really any schematics out there(maybe Koolaid has some)

What are your problems??

Comment

There is power to the dash switches for blower, bilge, lights, ballasts, etc., but no power to gauges or anything when key inserted and turned to either first position or to start position. There is also power to the engine and the trim works. After spending some time checking fuses and continuity to all but the main wiring harness running up the dash (because it then splits into multiple harnesses looking like a bird's nest), I am thinking I'll replace the ignition switch and see if that does the trick.

Comment

Replaced ignition switch. Still no power to the gauges. Key turn does nothing...
        All lights, blower, bilge, and ballasts do work with both battery 1 or battery 2.
        Before I go pulling apart the entire wiring harness under the dash, am I missing something?? Please help

Comment

Gauges get their power from from the purple wire on the ignition. Not sure if it splits in the harness after the key or goes to engine then back. You could always jump power from the purple wire on your key switch to the gauges and see if they start working.

Comment

since somone opened a thread about the gauges i can check for power for ya when i get off work, but my issue with my gauges is everything works except my actual spedo(the digital depth meter works inside the spedo) i cant seem to figure it out any help would be appreciated!

Comment

Check the paddle wheel CHRSDMNQ
              paddlewheel.jpgPaddlewheel 2.jpg

paddlewheel 1.jpg

Comment

It doesn’t seem to be in the best of shape is it supposed to have a wheel spinning on the back of it?
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes, should be a wheel there. That's likely why your gauge won't show anything.

The photo I posted was also missing the wheel. I believe the back wheel is for the gauge whereas the one under the hull is for the perfect pass system.
                  Attached Files

Comment

We fixed a gauge issue on an 05 V and it was the ground on the back of the volt meter. That gauge got the ground first off the BUS and it was loose.

Grab a $20 meter from harbor freight. It will pay for itself in the first hour.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am replacing the ignition switch from the former owners butchered push button system. I
                      bought a Sierra 3 position Off On Start switch.

The wires that appear to have been wired to the old switch are

RED
                      PURPLE (fused)
                      YELLOW/RED (fused)
                      BLUE
                      BLACK

My guess is on the actual ignition switch I will be using
                      RED
                      PURPLE
                      YELLOW/RED
                      BLUE
                      but two of these go together?

Im thinking on the back of the switch

B - RED for constant 12v
                      S - YELLOW/RED - Starter solenoid
                      I - BLUE AND PURPLE - Ignition circuit - so this has 12v power when boat is running or key is turned on.

Make sense?

Anyone have any pics of their ignition switch?

image_52521.jpg

Last edited by Kjham; 02-18-2023, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X