In Boat Speakers - 6.5 - what to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Boat Speakers - 6.5 - what to buy?

I want to replace the 6 speakers inside the boat. They are Infinity Kappas, 6.5 inch, and the look old and you can't hear them very well. Previous owner had them powered by a Clarion 480 watt amp. I don't know much more than that, as I just bought the boat about a month ago. It has a WS Pro 485 on the tower and a Kicker L7 10 inch sub underneath the driver's area.

I want to spend around $250 total - so that makes my budget around $83/pair (or $41 each). Thanks for the help.

I have kicker in boats and they perform great.

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
      I have kicker in boats and they perform great.
      What amp are you running to them? I hope the existing Clarion has enough power to make the new ones sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
        What amp are you running to them? I hope the existing Clarion has enough power to make the new ones sound good.
        The APX480M will do fine for 4-6 in-boat speakers. Its rated at 80 watts rms for a single 4 ohm speaker per chnl and will deliver about 60 watts to each speaker if a pair of of 4 ohm speakers wired in parallel are on a chnl.

This amp will power any speaker in your price range. I do recommend that you go with a marine speaker over a car speaker.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Call Wetsounds and see if they have any B-Stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
            Call Wetsounds and see if they have any B-Stock.
            What is B-Stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
              What is B-Stock?
              Demo pieces, minor cosmetic imperfections, etc.

Comment

I have been very happy my Polks. Great sound for the price. I think I spent around $75 p/pair.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

With a budget of $250 for replacing the six speakers, you have some good options. Since your current Infinity Kappas aren’t performing well, it’s understandable that you want an upgrade. For around $83 per pair, you might consider brands like Polk Audio or JBL, both of which offer marine-grade speakers that deliver decent sound quality and durability at a reasonable price. These brands are well-regarded in the boating community for balancing cost and performance, so they should work well with your existing Clarion amp and complement your setup with the WS Pro 485 and Kicker sub. Just ensure the new boat speakers match your amp's power output to avoid any issues with sound quality or distortion.
                  Last edited by greene; 08-28-2024, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X