Swapping 2008 RZ2 Stereo Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping 2008 RZ2 Stereo Out

I am in the process of swapping my stock cmd4 clarion stereo with the M508. The wiring plug is the same and the unit will power on fine but my amps are not working. One amp doesn’t light up as all and the other has the red protection light. Anyone do this swap or similar have these issues?

I did the swap and had no issues. Is your remote on (Blue) wire running to both amps? Did you double check the grounds? Check the blue from the deck when you power it on to make sure it's getting power.

Comment

The only difference I saw in the wiring was the new stereo had a ground wire in the harness and the old one didn’t. All other wires match up so I just used the old harness. There was a ground running to a stud on the back of the old stereo. I removed it and the new stereo had a spot to screw it into

Comment

Honestly, I would take the time to cut out that 16 yr old plag/harness and splice in the new one. Beyond that, you will need a volt/om meter to test for voltage across the amps' power harness and ground and turn-on terminal.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X