Site Redesign/Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Redesign/Ideas

Well I think the time has come to redesign the site and maybe come up with a few new sections. So I wanted to hear your comments and suggestions (pondering why I am about to open up this can of worms ).

One idea I had was to have a profile/interview section for some of the owners. Basically it would be a 10 question interview about the owner, there boat, location, pics, etc. Would anybody be willing to submit there info?

Lets me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Matt

Matt,

I'd love to see some new stuff around the site!

I think the interview thing would be a great feature! When I first came to Dallaswakeboarding.com and read the interviews, I got a good feel of the people/environment on the site, so I think the interview thing would be great, and I would be more than happy submit info!

Maybe also some sort of review section, where anything from boats to gear can be reviewed/asked about, nothing big, just a small little part.

I like the look of the site, navigation is very easy, and It's very eye-friendly, no out of control colors like some websites.

Maybe also like a small section or link off to the side with like a "Picture of the Week" and just get some pictures from the gallery and post them each week of riding or a boat, just to show some exposure of the members, If they don't mind, I think It would be fun to have.

Overall the site is great, I can't really think of anything extra, It's as good as It gets Great work!
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

David, thanks for the positive comments. I did get the interview section idea from dwb.com and thought it was a gret way to get to know people.

The picture of the week idea is cool, I like that.

Comment

Another thing that might be neat would be like a section that shows Team Tige Rider's setups. I know how hard It is to sometimes get in contact with Pro Riders, so getting picture/comments about their Tige setup (colors, model, weight, extras, etc.) would probably be out of reach. Just a thought though, If there was some possible way.
        www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

Hey Matt, overall I really enjoy the site. It is one of the best to navigate that I use. I would answer questions in a profile type section. One of the things that I continually find myself doing is using this site and posts for references to businesses that people have used to purchase various parts. This might be a consideration to all of our company findings in one place. Just a thought. Good job and keep it going. Bill

Comment

Matt:

I'll answer the member interview - no sweat. I'll stop when you ask for the Social Security Number and bank info

I think David's Idea about "Picture of the Week" is great and you should definitely go for it.

I also think we need to get more folks like Tige MD involved. Input like that is invaluable. How about a monthly column, where a Tige expert explains in detail something like how to add Perfect Pass to your boat, or do your own winterization, etc, then field some questions (I'm sure they can come up with more innovative topics).

And lastly - (again) I like David's idea about Pro Riders. On this one, I'd like to expand on his idea and ask for more involvement from the Pro's in the forum. I know they're busy, but for that matter - so are you and Tige MD. I'd like a section (just like the one on boat expertise above) where once a month, a Tige Pro Rider discusses what they do, how they got to do it professionally, equipment, practice patterns, etc, etc. Again, give them time to field some questions before the next pro's turn.

I think the site is great and I thank you for doing that and taking it to the next level!

Saulo

Comment

How about in the picture gallery have a spot for videos and crashes!!!

Comment

Thanks for the replys and suggestions everyone. Those are definetly some good ideas. Keep them coming and I will see what I can do.

Comment

i like the idea of the picture of the week also. maybe post it in place of the current pictures on the home page.
                  i also like the idea of the "how to " section. only problem is, there is always more than one way to skin a cat and i'm sure there will be discussion after discussion regarding the discussion. so, maybe we can give it a try. but don't expect me to reveal all my secrets
                  Greg Denton
                  former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

Matt,

I like the Pic of the Month idea, but how about something like crash of the month. As we all know that there are many photos out there with big crashes.

I also like the idea of the how to section, but instead of just have the Tige Techs write the columns maybe you can add some columns from the members. For, example if some has done a particular job on there own maybe they would be willing to just share how they did it. Don't get me wrong I would love to get more information out of Tige M.D.. but he does have to keep some secrets to himself.

How about getting some more techs directly from Tige to answer some how to questions?

John

Comment

Originally posted by forjar

I also like the idea of the how to section, but instead of just have the Tige Techs write the columns maybe you can add some columns from the members. For, example if some has done a particular job on there own maybe they would be willing to just share how they did it. Don't get me wrong I would love to get more information out of Tige M.D.. but he does have to keep some secrets to himself.

How about getting some more techs directly from Tige to answer some how to questions?

John
                      John, good ideas. A "How To" section is definelty in the planning stages. I would love for the members to document some of their maitnenance like Mike did on this article. If any members are willing to do that I would definetly post the article on the site.

I will be passing this info along to Tige.

Comment

My only request is a spell check function when posting. My wife is getting tired of me asking her how to spell things everytime I post

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."

Comment

Write your post in Word then cut and paste.

Comment

What about considering adding a Dealers Only section, where dealers can post questions / feedback, which isnt necessarily viewable by the general public? Obviously, to do this you would have to be able to mark users as a dealer, but that should not be very hard....

Just a thought...

Comment

I think the "how to" section would be great (general maintenance, winterizing, etc.) . I am new to boating and love tinkering and learning about it by doing some of the stuff myself. I just don't want to screw anything up.

It would also be cool to have a page with all the links to these other boating/wakeboarding sites everyone brings up.

Comment

Working...
                              X