Speedo/tachometer 2005 Tige 21i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo/tachometer 2005 Tige 21i

The speedometer and the tachometer both don’t work.
    both the gauges have good power and ground on them. I see that the speedometer uses a faria Commander gauge that shows both speed and water depth, however I believe my paddle wheel and transducer is clearly broken. I’ve looked everywhere online to find the right paddle wheel and depth sensor with no luck. if I understand correctly, I believe this boat uses a Transom mount speed and depth sensor. Does anyone know the part number I need so I can order one? All the ones I found are in or thru hull designs and I’d like to keep this as original as possible. Or am I mistaken and it’s supposed to have a in hull one?

Also the tachometer doesn’t work, and the tachometer gauge also shows to have Water and air temp reading but can’t seem to find where these sensors may be located, does the boat not have one and are they just preset functions in the commander gauge? Does anyone know where the tachometer gets the RPM signal from or have any diagrams that may point me in the right direction? I’ve spent hours looking and researching and can’t find any of the information I really need.

and last but not least, my horn doesn’t work, I’m suspecting it’s an issue with the button itself but would like to find where the horn in located to do some further testing.

I appreciate your time and effort!

I have a 2005 22i so I assume things are very similar. In mine, there are two paddle wheels. One for the dash and one for the perfectPass. Here are photos for both. I ordered a replacement paddle wheel in the past, but never the entire system.

1. First one is a thru hull that is located in the compartment with the rudder behind the doghouse.

paddleunderboat.jpg

2. Second one is mounted at the rear on the right side.

rearpaddlewheel.jpg
    rearpaddlewheel2.jpg

Replacement I ordered off Amazon (Raymarine Paddle Wheel Kit)

paddleAmazon.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

This boat unfortunately doesn’t have perfect pass so I’m stuck with just the one in the rear. Do you have any numbers visible on the rear paddle wheel that may assist me in finding which replacement part to order?

Comment

Unfortunately, I won't be at the boat for a few weeks. I don't recall seeing numbers on the part anyway, but I only replaced the plastic wheel.

Comment

I also have 2005 22i, I looked at the transom wheel and didn't see any markings on it. PXL_20240803_000809102.jpg

Comment

Little update
            after a few days of waiting to hear back from Tige, the Part number is SN0012 Triducer sender made by Faria. It is a depth gauge, speedometer and temperature sensor. Unfortunately they’re no longer stocked or manufactured so the only choice is to buy a used one and keep an eye out on eBay for one. I found a listing on eBay that is a SJ0012A and have ordered it. Not sure if it’ll work but decided to give it a try. I will give an update once installed and let you know if that is a suitable replacement part number.

Comment

Working...
            X