Need info/seeking knowledge. 2005 Tige 21i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info/seeking knowledge. 2005 Tige 21i

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 Tige 21i (GM 5.7 340) and have lots of questions/concerns so any and ALL help is greatly appreciated.
    this Will be my first boat, however I do have experience with PWC’s and am mechanically inclined.
    1.) I have found a service/owners manual for the engine but have not found one for the boat itself, and couldn’t find it in the downloads section either.
    2.) is there anything I should specifically look out for before purchasing this Boat? Any tips/recommendations?
    3.) I have found a bunch of useful threads/information on winterization, but couldn’t really find anything on dewinterization. Any tips/advice or will to just be good to go in the spring?

I appreciate all feedback and appreciate the great plethora of information and knowledge on this forum!

1. There usually are no owners manuals for the boats. This forum can provide you with more info than what would be in any owners manual
    2. Test drive, test drive, test drive. Did I mention test drive? During the test drive you can listen and feel for any issues in the drive train. If it has ballast, test it. After the test drive, is there a large amount of water in the bilge?
    3. Summerization is mostly hooking things back up. I'm down South so the furthest I get in winterizing my engine is draining the cooling system. After a long winterization some people hook the engine up to a hose at the hose and run it to verify everything is good before going on the lake.

Comment

I have a 2005 22i so it should be the same boat.

1. I have the brochures that came with the boat but nothing with too much detail. Should be able to find what you need through google as it comes up or here in the forums. PM me with specifics if you want.
      2. I would check the shaft seal (back compartment in the floor) for leaks while driving on the lake. Check the PerectPass or whatever cruise control it has. Test the TAPS gauge and function. Check stiffness of steering - should turn easily - if it's stiff or needs two hands, plan on changing the steering cable. Not that hard and can be found on this forum.
      3. I live in Missouri. My winterization is draining the engine block by removing the brass plug and knock sensor, then running the boat briefly to eject most of the water. I keep the plugs out and a engine compartment heater hooked up all winter ( I use a Caframo Pali, around $280 from overtons). Come spring, I hook up the fake - a - lake and run it in the driveway with all plugs put back in the make sure it runs and water is coming out the exhaust...that's it.

Comment

Thank you for you input, it is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
        X