Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewire TAPS switch on Throttle - 2001 2100v LTD

Hi folks,

Im starting a new topic as a follow up to my posts on h2osk8er00's thread here. TLDR: I broke the wires in the throttle handle that run to the TAPs switch. There is not a lot of real estate in there to splice the wires back together so we had the idea to just give up on the throttle switch and add a new switch on the Dash. Sounds simple enough in theory:
    1. Get into the side panel (could use advice)
    2. Pull the 'hot' ends of the wires out of the throttle that run to the TAPs motor/gauge.
    3. Splice the wires to some some new additional wires to get extra length
    4. Find a similar 'rocker' switch that can go forward and backward
    5. Find a spot to mount it
    6. hook up the wires
    7. Put the side panel back together (could use advice)
    Any feedback on the plan would be appreciated, could be missing something big, will be our first attempt at a repair like this.

Thanks,
    Wes

Wish someone outhere would help because I'm having the same issue. Id like to replace the switch in the throttle but there isn't inflation anywhere. Help...

Comment

You can remove the switch and replace it and the wires. The multiconductor wire is very thin, but not crazy. There are high gauge wires that can be ordered off Amazon which can be made to work (see “Striveday 28 gauge silicon wire” for example). Also multiconductor (expensive) wires on Digikey will work.

i posted some info about this here: https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/tec...ox-replacement

Comment

Isaac, thank you so much for the help! My taps system isn't working. We think it's the relay. We hooked up a seperate power source to the hydronic motor and it operated normally. We think it's the relay because it gets really hot. Actually it stays hot all the time. The switch was ruined when I tried to remove it. After readying through these forums, I've found one where a guy said to buy 2 relays and in another forum there was a rocker switch mentioned foe the throttle. I received everything in the mail but have no idea how to install the 2 relays.

Comment

You need a SPDT switch not a DPST switch.

Comment

Working...
          X