Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 TIGE 24v questions

Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing my first Tige this week. There is a 2003 for sale in the Austin area (https://www.nxtlvlmarine.com/boat-in...iders-edition/) It has minor fiber glass damage on the nose and the transom and a few other odds and ends that need fixed. Before I hand over the cash is there anything I should look out for in this model year? I also read the 2003's had wood stingers. I'm not sure why but this is giving me some hesitation, but it is. Is this something I need to worry about or send it and enjoy the boat?

Last edited by ajsegal1; 07-09-2024, 10:37 PM.

Looks like a nice boat. I assume mine has wood in it? I have never thought about it or worried about it.
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Duffy - From what I've read the 2003's and below have wood flooring and wood stingers (the stingers are supposed to be incaplased). I think got a fairly good deal on this boat so I'll probably just send it and hope for the best. I've looked at a lot of your threads and will be following your build to make this surf machine

Comment

Yes It has wood stringers but I have never heard of anyone having an issue with that. Its a non issue in my opinion. With a little TLC you should have a solid boat!

Comment

Some gelcoat work and you’ll have a great boat. Interior looks like it’s in great condition minus some staining on the drivers seat. Small section that you could easily have redone. Not sure how the 24V would do with that little engine though. I have a 2004 24V with the 6L 375hp engine. It’s a great surf boat when you get the wake dialed in. Not the quickest hull shot but then again I’m used to lightweight inboard ski boats.

Comment

Working...
          X