Trans oil cooler ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans oil cooler ?

Had the boat out for the first time yesterday, noticed the dash light for trans oil stayed on all day .
    got home and checkes the trans dipstick and it looks a little milky. Assuming water is somehow getting in slightly.
    1) the dipstick says to tighten , and the housing is threaded but this dipstick does NOT thread on.. is that normal ?
    ​​​​on.
    2) does this mean I'm needing to replace the trans oil cooler ?
    - 3) if so, where is it located in reference to the trans ?
    4) anybody know of a writeup or video on how to change it ?

2000 , tige 2300v

I have spoken about this in length many times. If you store outside and the cover leaks.. rain water will cover the transmission and get in through the dipstick. You need to remove the T plug in front of the v drive. If just remove the rear plug you will have this problem. some of the 2000 didn't have the T plug. in witch case I recommend drilling one. Especially if you store outside.

The cooler is attached to the line coming out of the transmission in the pic. To the right of your yellow circle and on the top. Follow the line it is attached to the cooler.

A lot of my post got deleted a few years ago they never fixed it. I don"t come here much any more.for that reason.....anyway. hope this helps
    Last edited by gumby; 05-28-2024, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X