Ballast for a 00 22i RE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast for a 00 22i RE

Ok guys i got it and have only been to the lake once to just drive it it is too damn cold yet to board....
    My Question is does Tige offer a ballast system? Can my boat be fitted with one? Are there any that i should look at? Which ones are better than otheres? My boat has the perfict pass and makes a nice wake (shoot i have not even tryed it yet lol but im thinking ahead). I live 3 to 3.5 hrs away from the closest lake so lead or sacks are not an option. can any one help me?

Re: Ballast for a 00 22i RE

live 3 to 3.5 hrs away from the closest lake so lead or sacks are not an option.
    Your only option would be people weight then.

Rival Industry has a sweet setup. http://www.rivalindustry.com/download.htm

A bunch of members on here have it, do a search and you will find some more info on it.

Comment

motoxno53

I would have to agree with Matt. It seems from talking to everyone on this site that the Rival system is the best option for ballast out there right now.

I don't think that I have ran across anyone who has complained about thier rival system.

Comment

I completely agree with everyone else- Rival is the best way to go. You can either have them install it or do it yourself. Since they are in Mesa, they are not very far from you. They will either sell you the parts or do the complete install. Since they sell Tiges they know exactly how and where to run and put everything. My system has worked flawlessly.

Comment

Rival system

So does this system go in the hull or does it go inside the boat? were do the sacks go?

Comment

There is an intake, elec. valve, manifold and fill pumps- one for each bag. All of this will will be in the engine compartment.

The hardest with a direct drive is finding places for the bag. I am not completely sure of an '00 22i, but that should be the older style with the traditional interior layout. You should be able to get a bid long bag in the compartment across the back and two smaller bags up front under the seats. Or maybe a bag on each side under the windshield. The drain pumps attach to each bag. The advantage of bags is that you can use the locker to store skis, boards, ropes, jackets, etc. until you get to the lake and then fill them.

If you have any time this weekend come up to Phoenix for the boat show. Tige will have a demo of the Rival system and you can probably see it installed in a few boats too.

Comment

motoxno53

If you can't get up to the Phoenix boat show this weekend give the guys at rival a call. They are very help and customer service oriented. They will be able to give you all of the information that you will need to make your decision.

They can also get custom made sacks for you to fit in any of your compartments.

John

http://www.rivalindustry.com/download.htm

Comment

Re: Ballast for a 00 22i RE

[ I live 3 to 3.5 hrs away from the closest lake so lead or sacks are not an option. can any one help me? [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess I'm missing something here....why can't you use fat sacks? I have a 2000 21i and when I go to Havasu (4-5hours away) I fill up the sacks with the water pump (takes 10 minutes max.) Plus I have two more seats in the boat as a result.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/...nch_pad_lounge

I also looked at rival and I have no doubt it's a good system but you loose a great deal of space for it.

Comment

joe8395,
                  I do agree that the sacks will take up most of your available storage space, but the sacks will also take up the same space/volume if put on the floor. If you need or use the "Launch Pad Lounge" for seating, I can't image what it is like stepping over each other to move around the boat. The was the main reason my wife finally said, "This is too small, get the V-drive." (I guess that there was another side benifit to the bags on the floor)

Bags or tanks will take space, at least the bags give nearly all the room back when drained.

Comment

Yeah exactly...it does suck stepping over people when changing riders but the size and shape of the wake make it worth it to me. At least with the sacs I can keep my storage space.

I would love to have a v-drive vice the inboard...but all in good time I suppose.

Comment

Boat show

Good idea i will be in Phx this weekend for the ISE show so ill have to go where is it and how much is it?

Comment

bags / sacks

I could use these im just trying to keep the boat as clean and open as possable so i would rather go with somtihing that is hidden..

Comment

Phoenix Boat show is at the Phoenix Civic Plaza, around 3rd Street and Jefferson, downtown. It is $8 for adults, but you can find discount coupons everywhere.
                          Hours are
                          Fri 12 to 10
                          Sat 11 to 10
                          Sun 11 to 6

http://www.greenband.com/az_boat_home.html

Comment

Working...
                          X