A lead ballast question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lead ballast question?

I have a 04 22i without the factory ballast and have 325 lbs. of lead, where is the best place to position it?
    I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

c'mon, nobody has any input?

Comment

how is your factory ballast distributed?

most common, for direct drives is to get the weight spread evenly throughout the boat. At least this has been my experience on weighting the tige's 21i and 22i.

if you have perfect pass , you can get away with more weight in the back.

It will mostly depend on how your pefermance is, if it is taking too long to plane out, put more weight forward. If it is planing fine, add more weight to the back.

for reference on my 21i we do:

550 up front in the walkway
      250's on each side of the motor
      700 in the rear gullwing storage
      3-4 riders

Comment

I DO NOT have the factory ballast and I do have perfect pass.

Comment

hehe...my bad, totally missread that part.

your best bet is keep it evenly placed on the port and starboard sides. as far as where....maybe an equal split up front and back?

like half in the rear storage compartments, then the other half under the front seats (position more towards the back than the front).

it will always depend on how many people etc etc. But 325 lbs isn't much really in terms of that being your only ballast, so maybe try it out all in the back in the storage (both port and starboard). Try the taps on 1-4 to clean up the wake if it needs it.

Comment

Try putting the weight up front as you will more than likely have people weight in the rear. Position the weight under the front seats.

Comment

Working...
            X