LOOKING AT BUYING A 00 22I TYPE R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOOKING AT BUYING A 00 22I TYPE R

I was wondering if it is a good Boat and what everyone thinks about that model and Tige in genral? are the good? any probloms? how is the wake for that boat?

Chris
    motoxno53@yahoo.com

Love it!

I have a 2000 21i RE. It has a pretty good wake, I like to add a couple of fat sacs along the engine this seems to help out a lot. There are some things that I don't like: The tower, it seems to be a little loose or shaky expecially with 4 boards and tower speakers. I also don't like the fact that it doesn't have perfect pass. Overall, I have been satisfied with the boats' performance. I was just curious to see how much and how many hours? Anything else just let me know.

Thanks, Adam
    "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."

Comment

this one has the perfict pass. and it has 160 hrs on it and he is asking 25 for it.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal. I'd go with it. Wish mine had perfect pass that's the only thing that I miss about this boat.
        "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."

Comment

Aerdb21 -
          You can get PP put on the boat, it's really not that hard at all to install yourself or your dealer could do it for you. I installed PP on my 2000 21i in a few hours in my driveway. The people @ PP are very helpful as well with any questions....just a suggestion if you wanted to get it.

motoxno53 -
          I love my Tige and would recommend the brand to anyone. I also don't like the metacraft tower that came with it but it's not that bad just a little shaky and doesn't look as cool as the newer designs coming out. I also add fat sacs to both sides of the engine which helps to make the wake more of a launch ramp.

The only concern I would express about the boat you described is that if it was only used on average 32 hours per year....you might be looking at having to get a new raw water pump and maybe a few other things that are dependent on water lubrication and tend to have their seals dry out when not used for extended periods of time.

One of the Tige mechanics (Tige MD) could speak to this a lot better than I can. Best of luck and hope it works out for you.

Comment

Tige mechanics (Tige MD) ???????????????

what is tige MD? or are you just telling me to call the Tige deler and ask the mechanics?
            Chris

Comment

and FYI

we live here in Tucson Arizona so water is hard to come bye lol the lakes are 3 hrs away....

Comment

motoxno53

Tige MD is a user here on the site.

I believe that he is the service manager for Tige Watersports in Corona,Ca.

Comment

yes, i am the service mgr at tige watersports in corona ca. i have been working for tige since july 1995. if you have any questions there are a few of us tige mechanics that frequent this site. i know of 2 others, user name, tigetek and lee.

if you are looking for a tige i have a 97' 22i that i have completly restored. it has 129 hrs. on the engine. i have replaced the interior, dash pod, gauges, helm, steering wheel, windshield, engine box, cupholders, tower, board racks, billet mirror bracket, carburator, alternator, starter, taps pump, hot water shower, prop, ignition, battery and swimstep. all it needs is a bimini top and stereo. the trailer is a extreme with a low profile package and chrome fenders and swing tongue. the boat and trailer are registered in arizona. i can send you
                  some pictures of the boat if you want? all for $23,900

951/830-1819
                  Greg Denton
                  former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

thanks

thanks but i think we are going to get this one all ready we put a deposit so dont want to loose our $$$
                    Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X