new 2005 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new 2005 22i

Just recently purchased a new 2005 22i from Redline Watersports in Chilliwack, BC, Canada. Tige's are not too popular up here in Canada but I know that Jon of Redline is trying to change this.

I had narrowed it down to two boats Nautique 216 Team Edition and Tige 22i.

The pros of the Nautique 1) better fit and finish especially in the instrument dash and driver's area; 2) better motor PCM 5.7 MPI (you could always pay to upgrade the Tige to this motor also) and 3) better warranty. The cons were 1) size and 2) storage.

The pros of the Tige 1) size (21'8" * 102" vs. 21'7" * 91"); 2) lots of storage, 3) sitting arrangement and 4) Taps. The Taps was what really sold me. We are trading in an I/O and with Taps the transition to an inboard appears to be easier.

The Nautique would have been about $5,000 more expensive althought this would narrow considerably if we had optioned out the PCM 5.7 vs. the Tige GM Vortec 5.7 MPI.

Both the Nautique and the Tige dealers are good to deal with and I had good references from both of them.

I also considered the Nautique SV211 with the Hydro Gate and if I had decided to go with a V-drive I think that I would have chosen it over the Tige 22V.

We rode behind a friend's 216 and although we didn't get a chance to ride behind the Tige ... realistically we are not good enough to notice or appreciate the difference. This may not be the case in a few years from now.

I tried to attach a picture but it was too large so I uploaded it to the gallery.

Congrats on the boat! And good choice!
    www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

i've ridden both the 211SV and the 22i....

hands down the 22i ....with a full ballast setup, the wake is awesome... not to mention the room you have now!

good choice!

Comment

Great choice.
        We liked the size, ride and price on our Tige'.
        Plus awsum resale value Tiges enjoy.

My hats off to the Natiques fit and finish though.

www.battlesangel.com

Comment

Sounds like you made the right purchase. Although have to disagree a bit on the fit / finish. We're up in Muskoka / Ontario and have a 20i for three years. Compared to a buddy's Nautique of equal age, well ours looks like the day we got it and his not so much.

Totally agree with you that Tige doesn't mean much up here though.

My biggest grip, and it's a big one, is Tige's choice of business partners. We chose the Merc 315 and lost 6 weeks of an oh so short Canadian summer. Hope you chose the PCM cause the Merc' CDN guy's are total jerks.

Comment

Hey good to hear from another canuck (Team Canada gold). Have you had a chance to look at the newer Nautiques cause they have really improved in the last few years. Originally we were looking to purchase a used 2000 Super Air 210 with 200hrs but they want over CAD$45K for it and I got the new 22i for a little more than CAD$10,000 more so it looked like a better deal. The fit and finish of the 2000 Super Air was no where near as good as the new ones.

I went with the optional Tige 5.7L from Marine Power. I had heard about some issues with Mercury and was staying away from it but I didn't really want to pay the extra CAD$2.5K to get into the PCM.

I think that you also really need a good dealer to go to bat for you when you have warranty problems. The dealer here in Vancouver (Chilliwack actually) was a major part of our decision making process.

You're absolutely right that losing 6 weeks would be a major part of the summer. We can only ride from late May to late September here in BC.

Up here Malibu and Mastercraft appear to be the most popular competition boats.

Comment

Fellow Canuck

You fond the only Tige dealership. I purchased a Switch I from John last July. I actually went to school with him and know him from Cultus Lake. You'll never find a more quality guy.

You make me nervous about the Merc power though. I've got the 350, 315 hp. So far so good. We ut on about 75 hrs so far.

The season's gotta be longer. I went out to Cultus in late October with just my shorty on. WHOA, it was short lived.

Good to hear from a fellow BC Tige owner. Hear is hoping for more global warming!
              CP

Comment

Working...
              X