scootc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scootc

Anything you can tell me would be great. I found one web site that gives some info. (http://www.wayneswords.com/primative.htm). We will be staying in Page this time. Not like the house boat we did last year. It said the ramp was about 7 miles from Page. How much does it cost? Did you trailer your boat each night or did you rent a slip? My friend rented a slip because the launch ramp wasn't open yet. He had to launch at Whaweep and drive around. The valet service would just drive him from the dock to his car. It suggests on the web site they launch your boat for you. Is that correct? How does it work. Ialso understand it is a private facility. Do you pay once for a week like the national park? Do you pay the National Park Service and another fee for the private boat launch? I'm also glad you didn't have any problems like the arcticle!
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

The new ramp at Antelope Marina is pretty cool. I'll try to post a few pics today or tomorrow that we took during the launch.
    To get to the marina, you drive up highway 98 (just south of page) until you see the sign for Antelope Point (about 3 miles I think). Don't pay attention to the sign that says "Antelope Point Ramp Closed" - this is referring to the public ramp.
    If you already purchased a National Parks pass at Wahweap or Lone Rock, it will also get you into the Antelope Point Marina.
    For the valet service, you get the boat 100% ready and everybody gets in. The valet guys will give you a ticket, then drive your vehicle to the ramp and back you in. After they unhook and push you off, they drive your vehicle back to the parking lot.
    At the end of the day, you pull up to the courtesy dock, give the attendant your ticket number, and they bring your vehicle down. You drive on, they hook you up, then take you back up to the parking lot. You don't even get your feet wet during the entire process!

I was told at the gate the fee would be $30 each way, but when I went in they said "$15 each way today". I don't know if it was just a Labor Day weekend special rate, or if they've unofficially decided $30 is too much. To me, the $15 was worth it because it gave us a jump start to the rest of the lake, and we didn't have to go through the worst part of the narrows. If it is actually $30, I would get up earlier and just go to Wahweap.

On Saturday, we launched at Lone Rock Beach. The ramp on the beach is actually better than Wahweap, and there's no waiting. However, I wouldn't attempt this without four wheel drive because of the sand on the upper part of the ramp.

Page and Lake Powell are two of my favorite subjects, so give me a shout if you want to know anything else. As you mentioned the Waynes Words site is a really good source of info. Also http://www.azmarinas.com/AntelopePoint/ is the site for Antelope Point.

Have fun and be safe.
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

Thanks for the info. on Antelope point. I would love to see the pics. Where do you stay in Page? The valet thing is incredible. I could probably ski a little longer with all that extra saved energy. $30 dollars each way? Does that mean it would cost $60 a day if you trailer your boat every night? I think my friend that rented a slip payed around $30 a night. That would be even quuicker on the water in the morning.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express this time - which is actually pretty nice. Parking with a trailer is not too bad. It's within walking distance of just about everything - although most hotels are. Another alternative are the condos in Greenhaven. They're a little out of town but have a kitchen and everything.
        We looked into renting a slip too. The guy told me all the slips are houseboat size, so you could go in with a buddy and fit two ski boats. My only thing with that is leaving it there all night and trying not to worry. I don't like to be too far from my Tige whenever it's in the water.
        Let me know how it goes!
        Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

Working...
        X