21i vs 24ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21i vs 24ve

Demoed a 21i and loved it. After riding in a friends Malibu VLX, I am waffling a bit toward a 24ve--big difference I know. I loved the handling and versatility of the 21i, but i know the 24e would be better wakeboard boat which is the direction my kids are going. Wife and I still like to ski some, but neither are bouyheads, just recreational slalom. 3 kids plus extras, so the room in the 24 is a plus. Guess my question boils down to would the 24ve satisfy recreational skiing and barefooting? How much am I giving up in handling? I know I'm gaining in ride.

Test drive the Ve'

I think you will be surprised as how well it handles. It is a big boat but it handles like a much smaller one.

I don't think you'd be giving much up with the 21i though. It just comes down to what fits your budget and needs the best.

Good luck.

Post pics when you decide!
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

both great boats. if i may. unless you hate something about the 22i . i would suggest you to take a look at the 22i to me its all the good things combined in best package. ski/wakeboard/price .21&24 are both awsome boats u cant go wrong with either one. but if your not sure drive them all and choose the one that fits your family the best. watch out though your friend will be mad because you will have a much better boat than that (maliBOO) he has. or he might be happy you could take him out in a real multi-sport tow boat and show him what it is all about. to have a boat that does it all.

Comment

I test drove a 22V first. It had all the options I was looking for. I didn't like it. Our salesman Tom, suggested we try the new 2150. Perfect match. It is all around more than we expected from any boat.

Just try it and see how it fits and feels. Try different boats and don't get caught up too much in the specs and all that. Ski behind all of them!
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thanks for the replies and opinions--keep them coming.

What is the 2150? I haven't seen that one.

I have been thinking about the 22i-- but haven't seen or driven one. How does that seating work out? I haven't seen one up close.

You are right about needing to drive em all--that is exactly what the dealer has said and offered. They took us out for about 2-3 hours on the 21i.

Comment

The 2150 was built for only one year 1997. The name was changed to the 22i in 1998. It is a 22 foot direct drive with the same seating configuration as the 21i.

I love my current seating configuration and wish Tige' would offer an optional interior for the current 22i.

It sounds like the salesman and dealership is taking good care of you. Take your time. Drive and ski behind the ones you are interested in.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Buck,

I have a 05 22i, we've had it for 16 months, it now has 162 hours and we are very happy with it. We started off with the need for about 50/50 split of skiing & boarding. The wake for each of those without ballast works good for us as far as recreational purposes. All around, all purpose boat! We really like the seating, it is pretty much everyone (10) has thier own seat. My boys wanted us to buy a V drive, mainly for the wrap around seating. They all 3 rode in a 22V this week and said they all like the seating in our 22i better. 10 people in the V seemed like it was shoulders touching shoulders. Not a big deal but noticable. They said the wake was very close to the same as ours for boarding.

Mark

Comment

The dealership has been very good. I explained up front I am probably looking at next year for the purchase, but they still encouraged me to drive any of their boats. They also seem interested that I find the right boat for us--whether it is one of theirs or not. Very courteous. Family run business, so when you talk the salespersons, service, etc, you are talking to the owners.

Pickwick Watersports in Counce, Tenn.

Comment

22i's are hard to beat for an all around boat. I have the last of the 22i's before the changed the seating arangment in '01. I'm with Allen and wish they would still offer it. That would require a whole new top deck though, which would be understandably expensive for them. However, everyone that has the newer seating arangment loves it. All around performance is a nonissue. Now if only they would build that RZ2i.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thanks, Mark. That is exactly what I was curious about. My kids are also interested in the wraparound seating.

Like you all say, I think I need to drive a 24Ve and a 22i.

Comment

Someone from Pickwick posts on here from time to time.....Can't remember who though.
                      "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
                      X