hopefully buying a 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully buying a 22i

i am new to the boards, and hopefully purchasing a tige 22i in the next month. I would like to know the pro's and cons of the 22i. Maybe also include your .02 cents about the 22i and other models which perform good

Welcome to the site, we have an 04 and love it. The main reason why we liked the 22i is the layout with the walk through transom. The price was alot better than a v-drive too, and the wake is great. I never really cared for a direct drive but when I saw the 22i, I liked this one, nobody else has a direct drive like it, and nobody has a DD with a 102" beam. Storage is a plus for the 22i also. It handles rough water good, but then again ALL Tige's do. The only downside I have is with the bow, it is too low to the water so you take on some water every now and then if your not careful. You get used to manuvering so you don't.
    I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

I've yet to meet someone who owned one who didn't like it. The majority of 22i'rs are some of the most confident boat owners around.

-(que sad violin music, dim the lights)-

"Yes, us 22i'rs have long been persecututed for our beliefs that a D-drive is better. Why, some even call us crazy for having the motor in the middle. However, we know what our boats will do and nobody can tell us different."

Do I get the part?

Fact is, what makes the 22i such a great boat is that it will do everything and do it well. True watersports heads do it all from slalom to surf and everything in between. The 22i just works and works well.

PS- Nose is a little low. It really aint that bad. You hear it about all tow boats. It makes you a better boat driver.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

We had a 2002 22i and traded it in for a 03 22v, then that for 05 22v.

I love my V-drive, but that 22i did everything we ever wanted it to do, and did it very well.
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun
          We had a 2002 22i and traded it in for a 03 22v, then that for 05 22v.
          I forgot you were a trader.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Its just easier to tell the story that way! The details are so dang complicated that I get bored typing them out!
            "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

I learned to ski 50 years ago on the salt chuck behind a 12 foot runabout with a Johnston 20hp. All those years I have been crawling over outboard motors, long rear decks for inboard/outboards, and V drives. I went to a local outdoor and boat show with tribe in tow and "she who must be obeyed" saw the 22I. The comment was made this is the boat we shoud have. Needless to say as of a year ago May we are now the proud owners of an 05 22I. The kids all like the wakes and it holds a crowd when the Females are cruising the lake snooping as to what all the neighbours have. The only trouble is a big yellow boat with big speakers and lights kind of stands out so everyone knows who you are.

Comment

i appreciate all the comments, it just wants me to get one now. I almost had a change of heart, for the 24ve but i dont like the 70,000 price tag. I think the 22i will be plenty suffecient for my family of 3

Comment

I just bought a brand new (left over) 05 22i. It has the 5.7 340HP Chevy. Here is my opinion so far...

The boat is plenty big enough, there is so much more room for people, storage, room to move, etc. I LOVE the storage lockers, makes me want to buy more stuff.

The power is excellent, it is not as fast as my '98 pre2002, but it pulls as strong and handles the chop beautifully. The wakes are awesome.

The layout is perfect, but I have never owned a v-drive so I don't have a basis for comparison. Personally I like the step over transom, and the swim platform is huge, again, compared to my '98.

The boat looks great, handles great, gets lots of attention, and was reasonable. I paid $38k new, with a trailer and a bunch of extras.

The quality is a little less than I expect for a boat this expensive, I mean, they didn't even clean up the metal and fiberglass from where they drilled the holes!!!

The trailer bunks fell off in the water after the first time I launched, they were never secured with the right lag bolts. Great.

I love the boat, I am sure your mileage may vary depending on what you have owned and are familiar with.

Hope this helps.

Sean

Comment

Working...
                  X