Wiring Diagram for 2002 22iR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Diagram for 2002 22iR

Any one have a OEM wiring diagram for a 2002 22iR? I am trying to figure out how the previous owner wired the add-on steroe componenets so I can add a battery switch or isolator. The OEM only had 1 battery.

Thanks.

Not sure if you could get a OEM wiring diagram for a 2002 22iR. For a dual battery switch you would take the positives from both batteries and connect them to the switch on different post then connect the cable from the starter and anything else except the bilge wire and hook to the common post on the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
      Not sure if you could get a OEM wiring diagram for a 2002 22iR. For a dual battery switch you would take the positives from both batteries and connect them to the switch on different post then connect the cable from the starter and anything else except the bilge wire and hook to the common post on the switch.
      I told him the same thing, but I clearly don't have the same credibility as you
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Dog: It is not a credibility thing as I appreciate your advice. There are just a number of smaller wires on battery 1, and I am not certain what they are. Before I start moving wires, I need to verify.

Lee: Thanks for the info. Let me ask you this. Regardless of what is wired where today, what will be directly connected to the battery and what to the switch after install. Maybe I need to get a switch and check it out. I just can't "see it" right now.

Thanks to all.

Comment

To totaly be able to turn off the battery, all of the smaller wires on the "+" side of both batteries need to be connected to the common post on a switch. I recommend leaving the brown stiped wire on the battery as that is your bilge wire and that needs to come on. The big red cable from the starter also needs to go the common post. Then you will need a cable from battery 1 to post 1 on the switch and a cable from battery 2 to post 2 on the switch. The ground wires can stay the way they are.

Comment

Lee:

One last question (hopefully). Do you know which small wire powers the Clarion head unit. I believe it is still wired as original. Just new stereo equipment is wired to battery 2. If memory serves me there is a fused red wired, fused yellow wire, a brown wire, and 2 big red wire connected to battery 1 positive. I know one of the red wires connects to battery 2. Again, I want all stereo equip to be on battery 2.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by vintony
              Dog: It is not a credibility thing as I appreciate your advice. There are just a number of smaller wires on battery 1, and I am not certain what they are. Before I start moving wires, I need to verify.
              Lighten up, dude, it was a poke at Lee's title. BTW, I did the 2nd battery install myself last year, so I know what you're going through. This board is the right place to get the information you need.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
              X