22iR Questions **Please Help**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22iR Questions **Please Help**

I recently purchased a 2002 22iR and I have a couple questions.

1). Is the Bilge always on? Meaning, if I leave to boat in water and for whatever reason the boat takes on water, will the Bilge automatically turn on when the water gets to a certain level? Or do I need to flip the dash switch on before covering the baot and leaving it?

2). The two seats in the rear of the boat (on either side on the step over) are loose, like someone tried to remove them. Is there a way to tighted them back down? My fear is someone will think they are removeable, and pull them off doing damage to the boat.

3). I removed the swim platform to install some Gator Grip. Unfortunately, I could not place the platform back on the boat without removing the screws in the center bracket. Two of us could not get the platform to seat in all 3 brackets. Once I removed the screws, the platform dropped into place. I then replaced the screws (in original locations) and everything was back to normal. My fear is removing it again. Is there a trick to replacing the platform on the 2002 model. The brackets kind of a wedge and pin hanging system.

That's it for now. Anyone's advice is apprecaited. Would especially like to hear from Andrew or Harvey.

Thanks.
    Last edited by vintony; 05-21-2006, 07:42 PM.

The bilge will automatically kick on if you have been on the water and the water level in the bilge reaches a certain level. it is not "always" on, it has a sensor that kicks it on and will turn off once the water level is at an acdeptable level.

The two rear seats have a slip-on type attachment underneath that allows for easy removal. You just use your knee and push on the front towards the back of the boat. I am not sure if you can tighten them at all. I will have them off on Tuesday and will let you know.

I agree, the swim step is a major pain in the arse. I wound up just removing the middle bracket and never use it. the step is plenty sturdy for a few people with out it on. I wound up using a dremel and filed some of the material off the square pieces to help it slide into place better underneath. Not a strong point in terms of craftmanship on Tige's part, but really jsut a minor inconvienence once I figured out how to make it work better.

Comment

Tige22"

Thanks for the info. I will try the seat removal. It makes me feel better that they are removable, some dirt behind I could figure how to clean. As far as the platform goes, great ideas, I will try them also. On the Bolge, only question still remaining in my mind is "Do I have to have the Bilge swith on the dash flipped on or is that only if I want to "force" the Bilge on?

Thanks again. Also thanks for all the advice while I was looking to purchase the boat. So far the boat looks great and I have been getting lot's of compliments on it. That said, I haven't had it on the water yet so I just hope it starts and floats :-)

Jim

Comment

Jim,
        Congrats on the 22i!!! They are a great boat!

You DON'T have to have the bilge switch turned on for the bilge to work. It will do it automatically. Sometimes when I pull it off the lake I will turn on the bilge on the dash just to make sure to get most of the water out.

Post some pics when you get a chance!
        Tony

Comment

The bilge pump will come on by it self, you do not have to press the switch. The switch is for turning the pump on before the float rises high enough to kick the pump on.

Comment

Excellent! Thanks Guys. That is what I thought but by not having in the water yet, it is tough to tell without flooding the belly of the boat.

Here are some pic's. The boat may look familiar as I bought from DAJUICE who regularly posts on this forum. These are his pic's. Once I get the boat on the water and have pic's with the kids, I will post my own.

Take care.
            Attached Files

Comment

Inside
              Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice looking ride. The mushroom interior really looks great
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thanks Dog:

Hey, I have got a question for you. I noticed in another thread you had questions regarding an Isolator when running 2 batteries. My 22i has two batteries, one installed aftermarket. Currently, they are wired together creating 1 big battery. I am thinking I need an isolator to reduce the chance of running down both and not being able to get the boat started before tumbling over the dam wall. Did you ever get yours installed? Was it a difficult install or pretty straight forward? Please let me know or give heads up to any watch outs.

Thanks.

Comment

nice boat

How much did you pay for the 02 22i

Comment

Originally posted by vintony
                      Thanks Dog:

Hey, I have got a question for you. I noticed in another thread you had questions regarding an Isolator when running 2 batteries. My 22i has two batteries, one installed aftermarket. Currently, they are wired together creating 1 big battery. I am thinking I need an isolator to reduce the chance of running down both and not being able to get the boat started before tumbling over the dam wall. Did you ever get yours installed? Was it a difficult install or pretty straight forward? Please let me know or give heads up to any watch outs.

Thanks.
                      Actually, I didn't have questions, NICKYPOO did. We were trying to isolate a problem he had with the battery isolator install.

In my boat, I have a battery switch (simple Perko 2 battery switch where I can switch from one to the other or have both engaged). This is very straightforward. You should have the ground (negative) terminals connected, but I would imagine that you have the positive leads connected to a battery switch, is that correct?

As far as the isolator goes, you have to make sure that any equipment that might be connected together (such as your stereo components, including head unit) are on the same circuit (especially the ground). If not, you risk building up voltage between your electrical components that could cause them to malfunction or be damaged.

Here's the thread that talks about what to look out for.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

There is no switch. I believe there is a fused wire from positive of Battery #1 (factory) to positive #2 (aftermarket install). All new stereo equipment (2 amps, subs, tower speakers) wired to battery 2. All else on battery 1.

Looking for advice as the running 2 batteries makes me a little nervous as the chance to run both down is greater.

Comment

Originally posted by vintony
                          There is no switch. I believe there is a fused wire from positive of Battery #1 (factory) to positive #2 (aftermarket install). All new stereo equipment (2 amps, subs, tower speakers) wired to battery 2. All else on battery 1.

Looking for advice as the running 2 batteries makes me a little nervous as the chance to run both down is greater.
                          The easiest thing would be to install a battery switch. That way you can isolate each of the batteries, in case one goes bad. You'd only need to get a battery cable to run to the switch from each positive terminal on the battery and then connect your starter/alternator to the switch.

As you can tell from the isolator thread, there's a little more to getting that set up properly.

Comment

22i

Nice looking boat, I see you have a bow filler cushion. Did the owner have it made, I know they aren't a factory option.
                            Karen

Comment

Karen:

Yes the previous owner had the filler made. It is about a 2.5" cushion on a board that sits on the edge of the bow seat bases. Pretty nice setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X