good deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good deal

I just bought a loaded 04 22ir with 180 hrs with New tandem prestige trailer. Boat is mint. Was this a fair deal? Also are there any defects or quirks I should know about with this boat?

good deal

sorry,I bought the boat for 33,000 us

Comment

It depends on your options, but overall, I'd say it was a pretty fair deal. I'm not a big direct drive fan, but I rode on a 2003 version of this boat when Bisch and the gang came to Austin. They did some 1/2 day clinics so we went out a couple of mornings and it's a real workhorse. If I were to get a direct drive, I'd get this one.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

good deal

Originally posted by dogbert
        It depends on your options, but overall, I'd say it was a pretty fair deal. I'm not a big direct drive fan, but I rode on a 2003 version of this boat when Bisch and the gang came to Austin. They did some 1/2 day clinics so we went out a couple of mornings and it's a real workhorse. If I were to get a direct drive, I'd get this one.
        The boat is loaded,tower of power etc. wakesetter, bimini, depth sounder, shower.Love the boat regardless.

Comment

wakesetter,
          Wrong manufacture!!!!!
          I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

wake?

just got thee boat. maybe wake pro? anyway the speed control.I,m at work can't look. I'm a rookie tige owner, I'll try to post some pics

Comment

wakeboardpro

wake board pro by perfect pass

Comment

Wakeboard Pro by Perfect Pass is the way to go.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

why v drive

Hey dogbert why do you like v drive over direct drive?

Comment

Re: why v drive

Originally posted by topo66
                    Hey dogbert why do you like v drive over direct drive?
                    I don't like having the engine in the middle of the cockpit andy my wife likes the sundeck on the back. It's a personal preference.

Comment

I agree with dogbert. I hate that a DD engine sits right in the middle of everything. I also dont think that the handling makes up the inconvenience.
                      Everything happens for a reason
                      I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

You two shouldn't even be in here. Here is why I am a Direct Drive man.

1) I love the lay out. I like being able to spread everyone out in the boat. With a V-drive, everyone in in the same spot, minus the bow. Granted it is bigger than any spot in a D-drive but, there is nowhere to go.

2) I like not having to climb across the the back section of a V-drive. Those things are big. A D-drive gives you better access to the transom.

3)Better vision of the stern area when a rider is back there. It's tough to see over a V-drive compared to a D-drive. Safety first.

4)Maintenance. V-drives are a PAIN to work on. D-drives are beautifully designed for working on.

5)I love riding in the back. It's just fun. V-drives aren't nearly as cool to ride in.

6)I like having my V-8 right next to me.

7)The motor box is great for accessing the tower. Makes me two feet taller. Rope changes are a breeze.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of something else later.
                        Last edited by NICKYPOO; 05-26-2006, 04:38 PM.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

2) I like not having to climb across the the back section of a V-drive. Those things are big. A D-drive gives you better access to the transom.

I thought the same thing.............
                          ........ and what do you know the VE series.

However there is still the distance.
                          I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO
                            You two shouldn't even be in here. Here is why I am a Direct Drive man.

1) I love the lay out. I like being able to spread everyone out in the boat. With a V-drive, everyone in in the same spot, minus the bow. Granted it is bigger than any spot in a D-drive but, there is nowhere to go.

3)Better vision of the stern area when a rider is back there. It's tough to see over a V-drive compared to a D-drive. Safety first.

4)Maintenance. V-drives are a PAIN to work on. D-drives are beautifully designed for working on.

5)I love riding in the back. It's just fun. V-drives aren't nearly as cool to ride in.

6)I like having my V-8 right next to me.

7)The motor box is great for accessing the tower. Makes me two feet taller. Rope changes are a breeze.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of something else later.
                            You got me on the transom access, it is a pain, but the new Ve addresses that to some extent. The transom on that is way cool. As for the rest of your arguments, we'll just agree to disagree

Being 6'7" I don't need to be 2 feet taller.

Comment

I do like the Ve transom. One of the VERY few V-drives I would look at.

I would also agree that we don't need an 8'7" sheriff in town.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X