Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 21i rear locker won't latch

Hi,
    I have a 21i DD, was going down the freeway and rear locker flung open. The steel part that the locker is supposed to latch too is loose. Only way to tighten is to take out the backer boards (which I can't figure out how). any ideas or help w/this problem would be greatly appreciated.

James

Welcome to the site! I'm not sure about the repair, but we always tow with a strap connected from under the rear seat going over the rear hatch and connected to the transom grab handle.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Post some pics if you can.

I don't have those issues any longer but, it took some doing. Do a search for "NICKYPOO's ballast thread".

A short term fix is a bungy cord run behind and under the back seat. Attach one end to the strap for the lid and the other to the inside of the clam shell.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Does your 01 open to the back seat or to the swim platform? And what are you refering to as the backer boards?

Mine opens to the back seat and the bolts for the latch are easy to get to. Brothers opens to the platform and his is just bolted into the fiberglass lip.

I do the same as TeamAllen a rope going from pylon to the grab handle on the swim platform to ensure the locker stays closed going down the hwy.

Comment

Working...
        X