Slipping -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slipping -

while pulling the boys this weekend I noticed it felt like it was slipping, im not quite sure how else to explain it. I would be going along around 18-25mph and start to feel a "miss" type feeling, but the rpms were steady as can be, so it felt like something was slipping. Any ideas?
    happiest day of my life is seeing my boys "cutting it up" while showing off!!! Proud Dad

Originally posted by kgaskins View Post
    while pulling the boys this weekend I noticed it felt like it was slipping, im not quite sure how else to explain it. I would be going along around 18-25mph and start to feel a "miss" type feeling, but the rpms were steady as can be, so it felt like something was slipping. Any ideas?
    Check your transmission fluid level. If low, you can have some "slippage" during turns or acceleration. If low definitely need to add fluid to avoid damage to your tranny.

Comment

I'll add that checking transmission fluid levels can be tricky. Every transmission has its own approach. Some want the transmission turning; others don't. Some want you to have run it, while shifting into forward and/or reverse in some special sequence; others don't care. To be sure, get the correct manual and do what it says. Just pulling the dipstick may not give you an accurate reading.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I swear.. this topic comes up alot and everytime it happens we get the same answer... basically you want to check for a leak inside of your hull.. it is probably leaking into the boat due to a bad o-ring on the shift collar on your Velvet drive.. there are some good threads about it.. my buddy has a centurion and his was doing the same thing recently... it's a relatively easy and inexpensive fix so long as you don't drop that ball bearing in the fill reservoir! do yourself a favor and put a rag in there whenever the dipstick is out! Let us know what you find out and best of luck!

Comment

Side note... How much was it for your WRAP???? that thing looks awesome... I want one! I'll tow mine to you if you have a shop that'll do it right and for a decent price! Sick mang..

Comment

Thank you everyone for the replies. I will look into all and let you know what I find.
            happiest day of my life is seeing my boys "cutting it up" while showing off!!! Proud Dad

Comment

Originally posted by h2osk8er00 View Post
              Side note... How much was it for your WRAP???? that thing looks awesome... I want one! I'll tow mine to you if you have a shop that'll do it right and for a decent price! Sick mang..
              thank you... its a company called wraplife.com located in Lompoc. Jesse Taylor owner/CEO and lead designer does SICK work. check em out at www.wraplife.com If you call him, tell him Keith in Lompoc sent you.

Comment

Working...
              X