No announcement yet.

2000 20i strange problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the follow up. I will PM you if I do not hear back on here. I am sure people like to see what kind of info is discussed to help them too...I checked the upper regulator because it is easy to do...looked nice and clean.
    Since the fp regulator is difficult to get to (or at least not fun), I figured I would be prepared and do it and the pump together...Before I do...I wanted to ask one last question. This is a bit odd. When I first took the boat out, I was able to do a few runs with a buddy of mine with no issues or hesitation sticking around the 2700 rpm range. As the day went on, the day got hotter...as I would run the boat more and more, the issue would become worse and worse. By the end of a long boat ride, I was basically having to stick close to idle speed to move the boat.
    I replaced the impeller as stated earlier, but there was a small piece of the impeller that has broken off and I couldn't find it...is it possible that I AM getting vapor lock because there isn't enough flow, so the fuel pump gets too hot, causing the Vapor Lock? How can I find the 'missing piece'?

Comment

I have not resolved this issue yet. i replaced the fuel filter/water separator and it seemed to get a little better but not much. I haven't experienced the problem in about a month though because we just dont let the boat sit lately. the lakes are draining down earlier than ever this year due to drought so the docks are all out of the water. we have resorted to just taking who can fit on the boat and staying on the boat all day. That and the fact that i got the boat set up for wakesurfing now we just don't sit around too much and don't ever have a problem. I'm sure i will have to address it sooner or later but for now we are just having fun.

Comment

Working...
      X