2004 21i impeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 21i impeller

I am looking for part # for impeller and helpful tips on when and how to change? thanks

Please post engine manufacturer and engine serial number.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

If you have a Merc 350 Mag MPI it is going to be:
      IMPELLER : 47-59362T 1

It is pretty easy to change. I change mine at the beginning of every season. I have an 03 21i.

Comment

350 Mercruiser, I will try to find engine serial #

Comment

thank you huntingwiley!

Comment

serial # om394888

Comment

I provided the engine serial # is 47-59362t 1 the correct impeller? Thanks

Comment

Looks like Part #: 47-862232A 2 to me?
                http://www.perfprotech.com/mercruise...r/umodel/10718
                http://www.perfprotech.com/mercruise...0?umodel=10718
                http://www.perfprotech.com/mercruise...product/186958
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

My ser # is 0m312790

Impeller has been changed.

Do you suspect that I used the wrong part? It was looked up via serial number and seemed to compare exactly to the old one

Comment

Oops sorry wrong thread

Comment

47-862232A 2 is the correct impeller for my boat THANK YOU, THANK YOU Mike Allen for saving me from the hassle of getting the wrong impeller. Mercurymarine.com is a little confusing using the serial # search. Once again this website has been very useful. I thought about not replacing the impeller this year, but good thing I did because one of the legs of the impeller was cracked. I am now going to replace the impeller every season. It only took about 1 hour and it was pretty easy.

Comment

FYI, the difference between the two is in the drive, the first part number is referred to as a "D" drive or single flat. The pump you have and the impeller that goes in it uses a double flat drive and neither will allow the installation of the incorrect impeller. All of the impeller length problems, and subsequent overheat issue upon initial start up, are on the crankshaft driven pumps. Be sure the o-ring in your raw water pump is either still re-usable or replaced correctly. Look for corrosion, seal expansion or bearing failure/water seepage while the pump is apart to avert more issues (for everyone else reading doing their own service).
                        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                        X