4 blade prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 blade prop

Anyone recently changed their 3 blade prop to a four blade one? I have a 2005 22i and want to upgrade to a 4 blade prop, but dont know what brand to get and need to know what pitch Tige has on their 05' boats, any recommendations is greatly appreciated. How much top end speed can I expect to get and will I lose any power out of the hole? L

You might want to try the new Acme 3 bladem it's a new design. I just switched from an older 4 blade to their new 3 blade. The hole shot is better and it's got more top end. The prop appears to have a far bigger surface area than the 4 blade.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

How much more top end did you get?
      Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

First things first, call Acme. They will get all of your info on your boat and how you use it and hook you up with the correct prop for you boat and your needs.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by whitlock87
          How much more top end did you get?
          The same 3-5 MPH I lost when I went to the 4-blade, which I think was a lower pitch prop. The new one's more variable pitch (13).
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO
            First things first, call Acme. They will get all of your info on your boat and how you use it and hook you up with the correct prop for you boat and your needs.
            I would have agreed with you last year, but Acme is still telling folks that you get a 3-blade for the I series and the 4-blade for the V series. My dealer (The Ski Dock here in Austin, TX) normally goes with what they recommend, but they were playing around with the new 3-blades and found that they performed better than the 4-blade on the V series as well.

Don't get me wrong, the guys at Acme know their stuff...just providing my own experience, your mileage may vary.

I'm tellin' ya, it's like having an afterburner and the throttle response is a lot more precise (my perfect pass hunts a lot less when my boat is totally loaded down). Also, I'm not able to peg my RPMS quite as high, which tells me I've achieved maximum torque on my hole shot. I think I'm ready for that diesel now

Comment

tweirich

Are you sure its because of the prop. Could be your Fresh Air Exhaust working like a mini jet
              Let it be!!!

Comment

what info is available on the new 3 blade vs the 4 blade on the v series?

Comment

Originally posted by tweirich
                  I would have agreed with you last year, but Acme is still telling folks that you get a 3-blade for the I series and the 4-blade for the V series. My dealer (The Ski Dock here in Austin, TX) normally goes with what they recommend, but they were playing around with the new 3-blades and found that they performed better than the 4-blade on the V series as well.

Don't get me wrong, the guys at Acme know their stuff...just providing my own experience, your mileage may vary.

I'm tellin' ya, it's like having an afterburner and the throttle response is a lot more precise (my perfect pass hunts a lot less when my boat is totally loaded down). Also, I'm not able to peg my RPMS quite as high, which tells me I've achieved maximum torque on my hole shot. I think I'm ready for that diesel now

That's a good point Dog. I always ask my dealer what they have found to work best in my area. However, if your dealer just goes with what Tige sends out then you might want to give Acme a call and get their take. There are some dealers that don't care enough to test. That's cool your dealer does.

So far as mileage is concerned, judging by your gallery, you've definately got more mileage than me.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I am running an ACME 537.
                    After reading the post I called ACME and talked to them about this.
                    I was told by ACME that they have not tuned the props for the V-Drive yet.
                    That the three blades are made for higher speeds (30 to 35) and lighter boats.
                    (Most D-Drive, water-skiing)

That if you add weight to your boat and run at lower speeds (20 to 25) that you could go with a 857 which is still a four blade, but it will give me a better hole shot. (It might hit the rev limiter though.)

there # is 1888-661 2263
                    Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Re: tweirich

Originally posted by xpjim1
                      Are you sure its because of the prop. Could be your Fresh Air Exhaust working like a mini jet
                      Doh, why didn't I think of that!

Comment

Working...
                      X