Speed Set Surging/Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Set Surging/Hunting

I have a 2007 21i with Speed Set. When activated at any speed and WOT, the boat surges with a speed variance of +/- 1 mph. We generally use the boat in a river, but I have noticed it does it on a lake as well. It has been recommended that I pull the paddle wheel out, clean and re-install. Has anyone found this to be a fix? Is there a setting in the speed set unit to adjust sensitivity?
    Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

When the speed-set engages, are you leaving the throttle as is or burying it to the floor? I found that if left at the set speed, the engine surges. No external adjustments, only done as ECM re-flash.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

When wakeboarding I've noticed that the speed varies +/- 1-1.5mph depending on weight...with the stock prop, when I re-proped the boat the variation became smaller probably closer to +/- 0.5-1mph but as chpthril said make sure you bury the throttle to the floor.

Comment

I have tried with the throttle buried to the floor and also just past where the speed is set. When the throttle is buried to the floor, the surging is more harsh than when the throttle is only just past the set speed.
        Since this post, during the annual clean up of the boat prior to storing it for Winter, I managed to pull the paddle wheel out and found that there was a piece o weed attached to the wheel. I removed the weed and spun the wheel which seemed to spin quite freely. I am hoping that this was the initial problem. I will repost once I have water tested the boat again.

Bring on summer.

Comment

Hopefully that fixes your issue. Do you have one battery or two? What is the condition of the batteries? I have the EDIB and noticed that I had issues if both batteries were not charged or putting out the same volts.

Comment

I have one battery. The weed was jamming up the paddle wheel, so when I removed it, it spun really freely.

Comment

Working...
            X