Teak swim deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firemangr -

The folks you are working with are the same dealership you bought the boat from? Or are you taking it to the more local dealer?
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by rushin

Soooo............$5000.00 is alot of money just for a "local dealer", especially when you consider how much you have to use/deal with the service dept. during the season, and there is no guarantee that the service is any better, as with any purchase from any corporation, the service dept usually doesn't care much as soon as the transaction is over and the dealer has there money. But.....I know the boat I bought from the other dealer was ALOT more boat with more features/options/colors and upgrades and even a few FREE items were thrown in just for doing business with them, as well as a deal on the price of the boat, soooo....... I actually saved more than $5000.00 if you add in ALL the extras/upgrades they threw in SO......IT PAYS TO SHOP AROUND, not just take the first offer someone trys to sell you.......

Soooo.......... Is it better to pay a little extra for better service and being local?

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy
        Firemangr - Yes, its the same dealership I bought the boat from, the dealership was fantastic during the transaction, its there service dept. that im having the problem with...

The folks you are working with are the same dealership you bought the boat from? Or are you taking it to the more local dealer?

Comment

A little update on the Teak care from the 1st page:

After not being happy with teak cleaner, I tried the belt sander. I used "Nortons 3X" belts from Home Depot that claim to last 3x's longer than their normal stuff. For a buck or 2 more I decided to try it and it worked great. 2 belts (used in both directions) finished the top and sides for me (and I took a lot off). Now it looks like new. Somebody else mentioned they used 10-20 belts. If you're going to try it, get the 3X!!! It was $7 for the 2 pack.

Comment

firemanger1,
            Its been quite some time since your last communication on teak platforms. What ever happened? Did you get the issue resolved as to why they are comming apart?

Comment

Working...
            X