Speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedometer

I've had two new speedometers put in a 2004 22i under warranty work and still cannot get an accurate speed indication on the guage. The needle just dances high and low. Is this a problem experience by anyone else? I can always get my speed off the perfect pass, but it would be nice to have a steady speedo.

speedo reply

I have a 06 22v, I dont have that problem with my speedo, mine will not work at all after we stop and start going again. I have stop my boat turn off the engine, go under the the boat and fling the little wheel with my finger. I think the problem is the wheel is to lite, it needs to be made of brass, or somthing a little bit heavier.
    Building memories one river trip at a time

Comment

I have the same problem with my 06 20i, but I think the problem is with the paddle wheel under the boat. Last time at the lake the speedo quit. When I got back home, the paddle wheel was hard to move, but there didn't seem to be anything stuck in there. After I moved it with my finger for a while, it moved a little better, but won't spin freely like it should. My dealer said he would take care of it for me, but it will be several weeks before I can make the trip, so I will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
      X