Weird noise in drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird noise in drive

This is my first direct drive boat.. Don't know if it's normal but when I put it in gear and add a little gas it makes like this noise of swirling.. Hard to explain I guess but it sounds weird. It's only when you start out the faster you go it disappears.. Sounds like water vortex I guess I dunno how to explain...crrrrrr is the sound lol

Originally posted by dgalindo1987 View Post
    This is my first direct drive boat.. Don't know if it's normal but when I put it in gear and add a little gas it makes like this noise of swirling.. Hard to explain I guess but it sounds weird. It's only when you start out the faster you go it disappears.. Sounds like water vortex I guess I dunno how to explain...crrrrrr is the sound lol
    make - year - model?
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

99 tige 2100i

Comment

I know that sound! It's the prop slipping and aerating because of the angle of the hull at that sub planing speed, mine does it too. No worries, though, it's normal.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

its just weird that it happens on our boats and my friend has a direct drive and it don't do it on hers

Comment

Originally posted by dgalindo1987 View Post
            There is a thread about the correct way to check the Trans fuild level.Yours might be low

Comment

Where's is it. Do u know

Comment

Working...
              X